DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Winds and Mavic

Mavic19963

Reactions
I have seen too many posts about MP flyaways, crashes, etc., and wonder how much wind comes into play rather than technical issues. Whether manned aircraft or unmanned, wind can be your worst enemy!!! Wind can vary greatly at surface and aloft. A wind at surface level from the SW at 5 mph can translate to NE winds at 20 mph at 50' (wind shear)! And wind speed and direction can be altered by surface structures like buildings and trees, etc. Be serious about checking weather reports before flying. Did you know that those puffy white clouds means atmospheric instability (updrafts and downdraft)? We fly in the air. Take some time to learn basic meteorology.

I think a lot of flyaways are caused by that. 40mph wind and you probably won't be getting it home, even in sports mode. I religiously pay attention to the wind profile reports and don't take any chances. If I get warnings from the app, I bring it down and back.

Most crashes and flyaways or all dude to Pilate errors. All it takes is a little common sense. Seems to be common sense is not so common anymore.

Most crashes and flyaways or all dude to Pilate errors. All it takes is a little common sense. Seems to be common sense is not so common anymore.
Ummm?:rolleyes: There are the ones that do have common sense and are good pilots.. not all are at fault.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez