DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Winter flight over Skeena River with a CN Coal Train on the Skeena Sub

nice like the extra motive power towards the end of the train is that to assist with braking such a long train

Very beautiful! Wondering if the ISO could have been a shade lighter, or lighter filter? Not a criticism- this is a really nice vid to watch.

Very beautiful! Wondering if the ISO could have been a shade lighter, or lighter filter? Not a criticism- this is a really nice vid to watch.

To be honest I didn’t even know what setting it was I was in such a hurry to takeoff and start recording before the train went by

nice like the extra motive power towards the end of the train is that to assist with braking such a long train

It is called distributed power or DP for short. It’s controlled remotely via radio link by the head end power.
Braking is one of its jobs but it also aids in pushing-pulling. Sometimes they are in the middle like that and sometimes they put them in the back. Hope that answers your question

Reactions: old man mavic
Here is a winter flight over the Skeena River with an Eastbound empty coal train heading back to the mine
Enjoy the video .
More videos will be on their way soon

beautifully done with the capture of clouds and snow and the train i could almost feel the cold ?

It is called distributed power or DP for short. It’s controlled remotely via radio link by the head end power.
Braking is one of its jobs but it also aids in pushing-pulling. Sometimes they are in the middle like that and sometimes they put them in the back. Hope that answers your question
thanks for your reply figured it was there for a reason and not just along for the ride

Excellent video.

I’m curious, what is this?

View attachment 88384
Looks like a crab trap ball. But I doubt there's any crabs in the river. I ran a thousand stone crab traps each year and that's what the balls look like when the current was running. So many water creatures on the paranormal shows are the same d... thing. A piece of crap undulating in the current with debris attached. Idiots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54