DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Winter is here! Freezing lake in Switzerland filmed with Mavic 2 Pro

Stellar video! Loved the flybys and the ice pattern.
Thank you! Yes i was lucky to be there at the right time when the ice was forming and creating these patterns. I guess by now it's frozen over and probably ready for ice skating

Wow! Just Wow! Very instructive on how to fly/video/edit. I'm a slug :(

Reactions: Maik Kellerhals
Reactions: Gindra
Did you use camera settings mostly for the high intensity whiteness of the surrounds, and if you used an ND what number ?
Thank you!

Yes, I'd love to try FPV someday, but the videos are often too fast for my taste.

With the Mavic 2 Pro I can adjust the aperture.
I found that with an ND-8 Filter I'm ready for any situation at 1/60 and ISO 100.
So i constantly have an ND-8 Filter on and adjust the aperture during filming to the situation.
To be honest I haven't taken the ND-8 off since I first put it on ;) It works from Golden hour lighting up to the whitest snowfields. I'd probably switch to ND-4 in very low light like Sunrise or Sunset and leave it off for blue hour shots (haven't tried it yet and here in Switzerland we're not allowed to fly at night)

Several people have called your video "beautiful". Heck, that's what I was going to say!

Simply great!

Hard to compete with such a fantastic landscape, we are happy to see several such films from you.

Wow! That was beautiful! My favourite part was the 'broken' ice patterns. Wonderfully captured!
Thank you! Yes i was very lucky the lake was just in the process of freezing and creating these patterns

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78