DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Winter weekend in Vermont

Awesome!

Reactions: ArthurC
Went on a ski/hiking trip last weekend with some friends and got some pretty awesome aerial shots. I managed to get them coming down the ski slope at 2:40.

Enjoy

All of those shots are amazing and well composed. My only problem is I wish you had not speeded up everything. It looks weird and unreal. For my own preference, I like smooth and natural movements. The flywheel of the ski lift was spitting our skiers like bullets. Totally unnatural.

Went on a ski/hiking trip last weekend with some friends and got some pretty awesome aerial shots. I managed to get them coming down the ski slope at 2:40.

Enjoy

Very nice overall. Would it be possible to list the locations where you recorded (and the time in video)? I also agree with Dale's comments about the speed-up...almost stopped.watching until the normal speeds came up.

I agree totally with Dale D. There was no need to speed up those shots. They were great shots as regular speed. Looks like great skiing. Those long, straight runs look like double-diamonds...challenging.

Enjoy

Beautiful video. Keeps your interest right through. If you don't mind me asking what video editing do you use?

Enjoy

Nice job, 1:53 and 3:15 my favorite shots, a little rushed some of them. Did some ice fishing too ?

I really liked this video and, contrary to some of the prior comments, I liked the way you sped up the action in several places. In my opinion your flying was superb, your editing was well done and like at least one of the comments above, the conclusion was really great. Thanks for posting.

Very nice. Loved the ending shot of the snow-covered creek. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you. The last shot there was from Big Falls State Park in Troy, Vermont. A beautiful little park with no amenities, but it has those falls and an impressive 50 foot cliff directly above the falls.

All of those shots are amazing and well composed. My only problem is I wish you had not speeded up everything. It looks weird and unreal. For my own preference, I like smooth and natural movements. The flywheel of the ski lift was spitting our skiers like bullets. Totally unnatural.
Thank you. Copy that, point taken. Sometimes I speed up shots that I feel would be too boring to include otherwise, or that will make the video too long to include them. I'll reconsider using that so often in the future. Thanks for watching.

Very nice overall. Would it be possible to list the locations where you recorded (and the time in video)? I also agree with Dale's comments about the speed-up...almost stopped.watching until the normal speeds came up.
Sure. Locations as follows:
0:00 Sunrise shots were taken above our Airbnb on North Jay Road in Jay Vermont.
0:24 Breausseau Mountain in Norton, VT
0:47 Lake Elmore, Elmore, VT
0;53 Lake Carmi Franklin, VT
1:03 Newport, VT
1:17 Gilpin Mountain, Jay, VT
1:30 Veilleux Road and Jay Branch River in Jay, VT
1:47 Three Holes, Trout River, Montgomery, VT
1:55 Lake Carmi State Park
1:59 Abandoned building, Jay, VT
2:06 Farm on unknown road somewhere in Berkshire, VT
2:09 Jay Peak near the Long Trail
2:53 Above the Long Trail near the Rt. 105 Crossing
2:59 Montgomery, VT
3:02 unknown field, somewhere near Richford, VT
3:05 Near Long Trail and Rt. 105 again
3:11 Small Cabin (Sugar shack?) West Berkshire, VT (Canadian Border is visible in the background
3:14 Big Falls State Park, Troy, VT
3:19 Mississquoi River and Richford, VT
3:28 Big Falls State Park again

Tanks for Watching!

Reactions: Wumpus_NJ
Beautiful video. Keeps your interest right through. If you don't mind me asking what video editing do you use?
Thank you for watching! I use OpenShot for most of my editing. It's free and pretty good, however limited in some aspects. I used to use HitFilm, but that no longer has a free version.

Reactions: Susan1963
Nice job, 1:53 and 3:15 my favorite shots, a little rushed some of them. Did some ice fishing too ?
Thanks. No ice fishing. I went for a fat tire bike ride on a couple lakes, and I just really love that orbit shot of the fishermen and their sleds. I'm pretty proud of how smooth that shot came out. Thanks for watching.

I really liked this video and, contrary to some of the prior comments, I liked the way you sped up the action in several places. In my opinion your flying was superb, your editing was well done and like at least one of the comments above, the conclusion was really great. Thanks for posting.
Thanks, I appreciate that. I usually speed up shots that would otherwise be boring and unusable to make them interesting. I was actually quite proud of the ascending chairlift shot that Dale disapproved of, LOL. oh well, guess you can't make everyone happy! I've spent a lot of time on my slow river cruising shots this winter, and that's also one of my favorites so far. Thanks for watching!

Sure. Locations as follows:
0:00 Sunrise shots were taken above our Airbnb on North Jay Road in Jay Vermont.
0:24 Breausseau Mountain in Norton, VT
0:47 Lake Elmore, Elmore, VT
0;53 Lake Carmi Franklin, VT
1:03 Newport, VT
1:17 Gilpin Mountain, Jay, VT
1:30 Veilleux Road and Jay Branch River in Jay, VT
1:47 Three Holes, Trout River, Montgomery, VT
1:55 Lake Carmi State Park
1:59 Abandoned building, Jay, VT
2:06 Farm on unknown road somewhere in Berkshire, VT
2:09 Jay Peak near the Long Trail
2:53 Above the Long Trail near the Rt. 105 Crossing
2:59 Montgomery, VT
3:02 unknown field, somewhere near Richford, VT
3:05 Near Long Trail and Rt. 105 again
3:11 Small Cabin (Sugar shack?) West Berkshire, VT (Canadian Border is visible in the background
3:14 Big Falls State Park, Troy, VT
3:19 Mississquoi River and Richford, VT
3:28 Big Falls State Park again

Tanks for Watching!
Thank you soooo much!! Northernmost Vermont is the best! I'll be in Jeffersonville (Smuggler's Notch) later this month and will try to get to some of these spots. A friend used to have a house at Lake Elmore.

Thanks again!

I like it! Well put together, obviously a very lovely area to shoot.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne