DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Women Pilots

Mavic Maveric

Reactions
I see many women who are supporters and VO's of their husbands and BF's (my wife and my DIL for my pilot son included) but I have yet to see or hear about a lady drone pilot. I hope the ladies are getting involved too! Comments about lady fliers?

A new female pilot from New Zealand just checked in yesterday. Professional photographer...

I see many women who are supporters and VO's of their husbands and BF's (my wife and my DIL for my pilot son included) but I have yet to see or hear about a lady drone pilot. I hope the ladies are getting involved too! Comments about lady fliers?

We have a female drone pilot on the DSAR registry out in CA.
www.dronesar.info

Reactions: Mavic Maveric
It's definitely a male dominated hobby (as is regular outdoor photography), but they're definitely out there. There were a few female professional photographers that operate drones speaking at the UK's Photography Show earlier this year, and another was photographed flying a drone over Notre Dame Cathedral to survey the extent of the fire to assist the pompiers with where to direct water. Wouldn't be at all surprised if there are not a few flying out of Creech AFB as well, although those are the kind of drones that can have missiles on...

There are several sUAS operators who are female and most of them are Top Notch!!

One of the best in the industry is named Desiree Ekstein (aka Drone Diva Desi)
and she's a good "professional" colleague of mine. Check her out:
Desiree Ekstein

Another top notch female sUAS professional and industry leader is Taylor Mitcham and she does a LOT to help promote our industry. Check Taylor out:
Taylor Mitcham

There are a lot more than we realize but it's definitely been a male dominated industry for a long time. I've trained several female operators over the years but they just never seemed to be interested enough to stay in the hobby/industry.

Reactions: Mavic Maveric

I not only qualify as lady (beginner) pilot, I am in senior demographic.

A new female pilot from New Zealand just checked in yesterday. Professional photographer...
Awesome. Thanks for letting us know.

It's definitely a male dominated hobby (as is regular outdoor photography), but they're definitely out there. There were a few female professional photographers that operate drones speaking at the UK's Photography Show earlier this year, and another was photographed flying a drone over Notre Dame Cathedral to survey the extent of the fire to assist the pompiers with where to direct water. Wouldn't be at all surprised if there are not a few flying out of Creech AFB as well, although those are the kind of drones that can have missiles on...
I personally know one lady who was a drone pilot stationed at Bagram AFB in Afghanistan flying missions. Before that she was a civilian commercial pilot (real jets).

I not only qualify as lady (beginner) pilot, I am in senior demographic.
Nice to hear from you. I am 64 so am also a senior...by the numbers anyway. Enjoy your new craft!

Reactions: SandiSCE
Complete coincedence but this just arrived in my inbox Women Who Drone Founder Elena Buenrostro - Drone Podcast 74
about

"Have you heard of Women Who Drone? They’re a global community that inspires, educates and empowers women and girls with drone technology! Join in this week as I chat with founder and CEO, Elena Buenrostro!"

I have no conection with the above website other than I get his emails.

Reactions: GregD
How about 17 year old boys like me. Not a lot of them on here.?. Also My cousin (who is a young lady) and I both fly mavic 2’s. But especially as a hobby drones have a narrow field of customers.

Complete coincedence but this just arrived in my inbox Women Who Drone Founder Elena Buenrostro - Drone Podcast 74
about

"Have you heard of Women Who Drone? They’re a global community that inspires, educates and empowers women and girls with drone technology! Join in this week as I chat with founder and CEO, Elena Buenrostro!"

I have no conection with the above website other than I get his emails.
Women Who Drone are also on Instagram #womenwhodrone , active and the images are awesome.

Im one, Ive noticed theres very few, not sure why? Im in Melbourne, Western Suburbs. Defs not a lady, ha!

I would say that 10% of my students are female pilots. There is certainly a shortage, but they are there.
Catherine Ball here in Australia is a great advocate for women in aviation and is very highly respected in the RPAS scene.

• Love
Reactions: TeePain
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones