DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wondering about distance with the CE version

Semlu

Reactions
Hey guys,

First time posting here and I've got a bit of a mystery here.

Based on what ive read and understood the mavic mini should reach up to 2km with the CE version (I've purchased It over at DJI Ukraine) and yesterday I was flying the drone, kinda pushing him to the limit and I've noticed It reached beyond the 2km spec distance.

Could anyone explain?

I suppose I could reach even further but the have to think over power management to get back safe.

Looking forward to hear your thoughts.

Attachments

• A709ABB5-4169-4311-8EED-1E1E0270C273.png
    A709ABB5-4169-4311-8EED-1E1E0270C273.png
    5.7 MB · Views: 64
Reactions: fificap
Welcome to the forum.

Try the search function on the forum. You’ll find the answer there ??

you’ll find topics that have been covered a lot already don’t get much traction.

Reactions: old man mavic
welcome to the forum, there are many things that govern distance but you have shown that the specs are accurate given the right circumstances

Reactions: Thomas B
also illegal as you were beyond VLOS ..... :)

also illegal as you were beyond VLOS ..... :)
i agree but i thought i would cut the guy some slack on that one, as i don't know the countries rules that he flew in

Reactions: JimCanada
i agree but i thought i would cut the guy some slack on that one, as i don't know the countries rules that he flew in
I know - its a cheap comment but VLOS is only a couple of hundred metres at best with this little drone yet folk seem obsesed with distance .... I confess to not really understanding why ... my issue I guess

Reactions: old man mavic
I know - its a cheap comment but VLOS is only a couple of hundred metres at best with this little drone yet folk seem obsesed with distance .... I confess to not really understanding why ... my issue I guess
it is an issue,because it reflects on everyone who flies a drone ,when a problem arises from such a flight ,the media have a field day making us all out to be criminals

Stribes add weight , taking you over there magic 250g weight.

Also I can understand these adding some distance to how far you can fly .. But it's not more than s few hundred metres

Stribes add weight , taking you over there magic 250g weight.

Also I can understand these adding some distance to how far you can fly .. But it's not more than s few hundred metres
the strobe is not just about being able to see it further away,it helps with finding the drone in the sky ,after you have looked down at the device screen ,and also with orientation of the drone the weight limit you mention will be cancelled out in July, if the new proposed rules come into effect as stated anyway it will have to be registered like bigger drones then

Reactions: Thomas B
The 249g will still be important regards new regulars if it is CE marked with a maximum take off weight of 249g (which the current Mini is not due to the ability to add accessories). If/ when DJI release the Mini 2 without add on accessories I’ll certainly be swapping mine.

The rules just seem a bit odd though. So max take off weight is above 249g but if you never put any other items on it is it breaking that rule? They clearly want to limit anything over 250g but its a crappy way to implement it. The other bit about the camera is also odd - on that basis everyone with a camera should have to register it ..just becuase this one is in the air all of a sudden it needs registered .... it really is rubbish as outlined...

the strobe is not just about being able to see it further away,it helps with finding the drone in the sky ,after you have looked down at the device screen ,
true but still doesnt really add a kilometere to your vlos!

The rules just seem a bit odd though. So max take off weight is above 249g but if you never put any other items on it is it breaking that rule? They clearly want to limit anything over 250g but its a crappy way to implement it. The other bit about the camera is also odd - on that basis everyone with a camera should have to register it ..just becuase this one is in the air all of a sudden it needs registered .... it really is rubbish as outlined...
I agree cameras are everywhere nowadays, regarding the MTW this is a carry over from people carrying aircraft, it’s all about its approval certification. DJI will have been well aware of this when the Mini was launched, I really wouldn’t be surprised if a Mini 2 is launched summer this year

Not true with all strobes.... here’s what comes with the Firehouse ARC XLs
I use 4 on my M2P. Works with any....more here.
wow - you learn something every day. That genuinely surprised me .... now will it work with my old eyes as well?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Surprise