DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Won't transfer raw or jpeg raw ?

flybigR1

Reactions
Need some help . Can't seem to figure out why my videos and photos won't transfer to my android phone when i record in raw or jpeg raw . They alway transfer fine in jpeg . Any ideas ?

In raw, they should not transfer, files are way to large and would fill up your phone quickly, also not sure what you would do with them on a phone, I guess LR for android would work, but IMO very limited capability. Video that can transfer, should be in your cache? again a full 4K video would take up way too much space on a phone, quickly in the 1 to 3 GB size depending on time of video. Cache has the smaller versions of the video and should still allow transfer.

I can only assume in raw/jpg mode the jpg is a sidecar to the main dng and thus is not seen by the DJIGO4 app for possible transfer.

Thanks , don't know what i was thinking ! I knew raw collected more data , just didn't link it .Thanks again

If your phone isn't capable of viewing raw photos (which it probably isn't) then they may not show up. I have seen this with other devices, its also possible that when you try it in raw/jpeg it rejects it because of the raw file.
I have a Samsung Galaxy 7 ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CtrlAltDlt