DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Processing Mavic 3 Pro images with Capture One

fgphoto

Reactions
I am curious if anyone else using the Mavic 3 Pro is having issues with RAW files in Capture One. I have used C1 as my primary raw image processor for years and have used it with older Mavic Pros and the Inspire 2 with no real issues. With the Mavic 3 Pro I am finding that the raw files are not anywhere close to the previews or the jpgs. I only mention the jpegs because they end up looking "fine"... meaning they look lake a decent jpeg image processed in camera (White balance is close, exposure is good, histogram looks good, etc.) which makes me think it is not an issue with the camera on this drone. I am also finding similar issues with all three lenses.

I do understand that the jpg is processed "in camera" so it is not going to be a match to the raw file, and I also understand that each raw processor has to interpret what the raw file looks like. I am finding that I am getting a lot of strange color shifts that at times are proving to be a serious pain to try to coax out a nice looking file from what should be a good exposure.

C1 does not offer profiles for DJI drones, but in the past using the generic manufacturer profiles have provided a pretty good starting point. I'm hoping to not have to incorporate Lightroom or some other image processor for drone images, but it gets old battling with these files in C1.

Has anyone else found any tweaks or solutions to getting the Mavic 3 Pro files to play nice with C1?

I don't have the Pro or Capture 1 but have you looked at the DNG raw files in another viewer. If yr a MAC user you can view DNG's in Preview? or another SW. If they're fine in Preview then the problem is most likely you need to update Capture 1 for the latest plugins.
Do you like Capture 1? I'd like to find an alternative to Lightroom which is fantastic but expensive.

I use Capture One 22 Pro and it displays my M3PCine DNGs well. I find the processing menus are extensive and intuitive (lots of tutorials online). You might check your settings to determine that it is opening the DNGs correctly.

I use Capture One 22 Pro and it displays my M3PCine DNGs well. I find the processing menus are extensive and intuitive (lots of tutorials online). You might check your settings to determine that it is opening the DNGs correctly.
Same here. I have C1 v.23 and no problems at all with displaying and processing DNG files from M3

Reactions: GadgetGuy
DxO lab offers a profile for M3 , better vignetting processing and optical defect correction, but I still went back to C1 v23... what is the problem with dng and C1? For me, the results with C1 are probably the best ... anyway, the camera is much better than the older M3cine ... I don't even use it for photos anymore ...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas