DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

WooHoo! UPS

Cookedinlh

Reactions
UPS just dropped by! . . we'll take them both out for a spin and let you know.
upload_2018-9-4_14-49-52.png

Got to fly them both after a PILE of calibration . . Gimbals, IMUs, Compass, Collision Avoidance, not to mention joy sticks . .. Assistant 2 Collision Avoidance calibration did not actually work on Mac . ..so loaded onto PC and worked fine. Mavic 2 Pro uses H265codec vs orig. Mavic uses H264 . . Don't really understand the nuances of either is these except 265 is 10bit . . .264 is 8 bit . .. maybe that's all there is to it . . which definitely does make a difference in the range of colour available. . . here's what you can do with a washed out scene "into the sun" type shot with that Hasselblad 1" camera CCD. . I would like to have seen what the old Mav would do on the same scene . . but I sold it yesterday. These are NEARLY identical scenes taken minutes apart one colourized and one not.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Both machines performed beautifully and I was impressed by the workmanship . . as well as a ton of subtle new features . . like single gimbal stabilizer. . . or joysticks that stow away for packing in small spaces. They are both VERY well engineered in "form and fit" everything tight and smooth. . .even better than the original Mav and that was definitely a step above the competition already. They have a very solid FEEL. I was surprised at the extra "air Time" . . kept waiting for the battery low warning even though I'd been flying more than 20min already still have 10 min left. Great for getting home. I may not understand tripod mode switch on the side but it seemed to do nothing. I expected it to fly very slow and smooth but seemed to have no effect. SPORT mode is quite a racer.

I tested the Collision Avoidance (front back and side) very accurate . . if it is going to miss you it will not stop and you need to be aware of that so as not to scare yourself or others. Made a couple of direct passes it myself and it stopped when low enough to hit my head but just 6inches above and it kept on coming . . whizzed by happily . . . I ducked!

I did not mess with the aperature yet . . need to learn more about that still. . . but The Optical Zoom and "one finger gimbal pan" was really nice and smooth too.

All in all a very successful and impressive first flight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zephaniah2001