DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Workarounds for no dial controlling exposure compensation?

Hiflyer808

Reactions
The lack of a wheel on the controller for controlling exposure compensation is a pretty big deal for me. I know you can configure a function button to quickly go to compensation settings on the app, but is there a way to have a slider appear on the screen so you can continuously change the settings? Probably not.. I know you can move the gimbal by dragging on the screen.

Reactions: T3kn0
Reactions: Ping^Spike
You might try playing with the AE Lock/Unlock and Exposure Center Metered choices for the 2 buttons. Will let you quickly point adjust the auto exposure via pointing at different parts of the sky, ground, etc. til you get the results you want, and then lock in the settings. For minor adjustments especially, it is faster than the menu. Downside is you gave up both buttons.... but I always used one for the Gimbal Up/Down and until that comes back, it's up for grabs. The Gimbal Center is a waste of a button.

Does touching the screen set the exposure for that spot? So you can touch the sky for darker exposure, or touch the land for brighter? And then you can AE Lock with a button?

\
Does touching the screen set the exposure for that spot? So you can touch the sky for darker exposure, or touch the land for brighter? And then you can AE Lock with a button?
You are correct -- I forgot about that feature. Thanks! Now if DJI would just put our Gimbal Up/Down back in, I'd have something to assign to that spare button you just found me :)

Reactions: sberfield
Did DJI remove the gimbal up/down feature using the wheel on the back left of the controller or are you talking about something else? I love that and if so, I want to know so I won't update!

\

You are correct -- I forgot about that feature. Thanks! Now if DJI would just put our Gimbal Up/Down back in, I'd have something to assign to that spare button you just found me :)

Did DJI remove the gimbal up/down feature using the wheel on the back left of the controller or are you talking about something else? I love that and if so, I want to know so I won't update!
No. I think what he was referring to is that there is no longer a button option to make the gimbal point straight down/go back to it's set point.
You can still move the gimbal up and down with the wheel.

Reactions: Kilrah
No. I think what he was referring to is that there is no longer a button option to make the gimbal point straight down/go back to it's set point.
You can still move the gimbal up and down with the wheel.

I’m not in front of my drone now but you can customize one of the two customizable buttons to return the gimbal to the main point. I remember trying it for a second but didn’t like how abrupt the motion was so I didn’t keep it as an option.

Only on the Air... have no idea why they changed that feature to a GIMBAL CENTER only. Only half of what you need. I really liked the quick down feature when landing, as it allowed you to line up the crosshairs exactly with your spot on the ground. Hoping they come to their senses and make it available for the Air!

Reactions: Verizondrone28
I’m not in front of my drone now but you can customize one of the two customizable buttons to return the gimbal to the main point. I remember trying it for a second but didn’t like how abrupt the motion was so I didn’t keep it as an option.
Yes, on the AIR it is only to center it dead ahead.... on everything else (it seems anyway) it toggles each time you push it - alternating from the dead ahead view, to straight down at ground. Very hand for navigating and making your way through tight spots. Horrible for filming, obviously.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dcjz