DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Would you buy an air 2 for $325 that has water damage to the motors?

BeauS

Reactions
I guess it skidded a crossed a small pond and the motors are damaged. Nothing else as far as I know.

Still powers on and gimbal is in good condition.

Would you buy it and fix it?

No controller is included.

No! It has very little value until any damage assessment and repair costs are known.

I guess it skidded a crossed a small pond and the motors are damaged. Nothing else as far as I know.
The motors usually don't get damaged by water contact.
How can you be sure that the problem is the motors rather than the electronics that control them?
That sounds odd ... why no controller?

No, especially with no controller, it may very well have additional problems you don't know about, or maybe it's not even their drone to sell (found or stolen).

Not a chance... I have been able to buy three complete Mavic Air 2 fly more packages in the past year for $500 each by scanning local ads.

I've done repairs on Phantoms and Anafi's but would never buy a project Air 2. That work has taught me that the frustration, time invested and cost will add up quicker than you think.

Would you buy an aeroplane that was just pulled out of a pond …………… ? 👀. Not me 😎

Maybe at 10% of the $325.00 so $32.50 but with the controller ha ha! I like the comments of the $500 fly more package. Nothing enticing me on the proposed $325.

Been following the Mavic Air 2 on Ebay before purchasing my Mavic Air 2s, Missed numerous Air 2 packages for 4-5 hundred bucks, Many came with hard cases, flymore combo, fully functional drones and remotes. So yeah would not touch that one what so ever.

As others, it’s junk. Everything Except motors affected by water. Sounds fishy

As others have posted and I will agree it is likely there is nothing wrong with the motors .
The most likely element is the ESC module and or the Main Board as we submerge many of the drones and this proves to be one of the weakest links in full submersion. that an the battery of course.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the water ,

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada