DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Would you pay more for a drone to be able to get Square Trade Insurance policy?

scubadrone

Reactions
Greetings and Happy New Year !

I am pretty new to drones and currently flying Phantom 3 Std. Already hooked, so now , I was looking at the Mavic Air Bundle and was able to scout out some good pricing at Costco and Sams warehouse clubs.

Both had $100 off for the holidays. Sams offered the Bundle w 3 year SquareTrade Policy for 59.

Costco offered the same exact bundle for $100 less than Sams, but would not offer the Square Trade policy at all.

Would you rather pay the least possible, or pay more and get a 3 year policy?

Thanks for your input and i look forward to reading and learning more here on the Forum.

Unless something has changed, ST was not offering any policies on drones. Many companies were offering the deal but ST refunded the money and cancelled the policy as never enforce.

Unless something has changed, ST was not offering any policies on drones. Many companies were offering the deal but ST refunded the money and cancelled the policy as never enforce.
Ok , that is interesting, Sams just offered at check out and i took it , thinking it would certainly pay for itself quickly if ever needed.

But as stated in OP, Costco offered the same AIR Bundle for $100 less. I asked them about Square Trade an they said they do not offer policy on Drones.

I called ST, they told me you can only buy the policy at point of sale. So im just wondering should i just buy the cheaper Air Bundle and take my chances , or take the policy SAMS offers and hope it actually covers something if needed.

Sams bundle 699 plus ST for 69 , Costco bundle 599, no policy available. So like 170 diff, but wreck a drone once and 170 sould pretty inexpensve for 3 years right? But will they actually cover it after the fact , thats the big issue

Sams bundle 699 plus ST for 69 , Costco bundle 599, no policy available. So like 170 diff, but wreck a drone once and 170 sould pretty inexpensve for 3 years right? But will they actually cover it after the fact , thats the big issue

I would recommend the Costco deal. Like others have stated, I don’t think ST offers drone coverage. Also I know it’s not 3 years of coverage but you could use the $100 you save and buy 1 year of DJI Refresh for $89 on the Air. This will at least keep you protected the first year as you get to know and learn the basics of flying the drone and such.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki