DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

WOW 15g 1" GPS Mavic finder

Howdeedoodee

Reactions
Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome. One more gps tracker that relies on cellular coverage and cloud based services. What would you do if you there was no cell coverage for it to work?

In the
Awesome. One more gps tracker that relies on cellular coverage and cloud based services. What would you do if you there was no cell coverage for it to work?
In the UK and no doubt a lot of other countries we now have near 100% Cellular coverage, for those who are the very small percentage could get one of the RF 2-3km range versions.
I think the tracker above would serve most Mavic owners.

In the

In the UK and no doubt a lot of other countries we now have near 100% Cellular coverage, for those who are the very small percentage could get one of the RF 2-3km range versions.
Be careful with the "near 100%" figure. This refers to population coverage, not area. Yes, cities and towns are well covered but out in the country where flights tend to be made coverage is much more patchy.

Also I noted this in the customer reviews
The device does what it states but it is not truly locate the device based on GPS. I believe the location is based on mobile mast signal strength, i.e. its based on a form of triangulation. This means that the reported can be out by 50-1000m according the seller response. So, not truly GPS in my opinion; however, does work as long as you are willing to accept large errors in its location co-ords.
If this is true then I don't see this being very useful.

Be careful with the "near 100%" figure. This refers to population coverage, not area. Yes, cities and towns are well covered but out in the country where flights tend to be made coverage is much more patchy.

Also I noted this in the customer reviews

If this is true then I don't see this being very useful.
It might be like the reachfar trackers where if it can't get a GPS signal it triangulates position using gsm. Reachfar does give you an indication it has done this though.

If it's purely triangulation then not very useful at all.

In the

Only if they fly where almost 100% of the population live. Some of the places that I’ve flown might have signal but not from my normal mobile provider so might as well not have any signal. Anyway, who wants to fly where almost 100% of the population live? Way too many people around!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead