DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

wow a GO4 App update for IOS

old man mavic

Premium Pilot
Reactions
was surprised when i had a GO 4update for my IOS device today its gone from 4.3.46 to 4.3.50 ,

What is it supposed to do differently? I'm always skeptical when there are updates. My DJI Fly app has an older version because the newest version doesn't add anything new or better... so why would I want to upgrade when everything is working perfectly. Same with Go4.

What is it supposed to do differently? I'm always skeptical when there are updates.
Hopefully fix the serious issues with some newer phones and the app simply not working. Those seem to be mostly (entirely?) on Android though, so maybe it's just automatic that they recompile and release them both at the same time.

P.S. Anyone have a download link? Doesn't seem to be on the DJI support page yet...

Last edited:
Reactions: old man mavic
...P.S. Anyone have a download link? Doesn't seem to be on the DJI support page yet...
It is ... but as usual DJI haven't changed the link name on the page yet.

This is what's get downloaded: 1655302875475-DJI-v4.3.50_220615-1123-36629_official_sec.apk

And the release note is:
-Fixes certain issues and optimizes overall app quality.

It is ... but as usual DJI haven't changed the link name on the page yet.

This is what's get downloaded: 1655302875475-DJI-v4.3.50_220615-1123-36629_official_sec.apk

And the release note is:
-Fixes certain issues and optimizes overall app quality.
DJI has never been great on release notes, so no surprise there, but thanks for confirming the link is correct.

I also noted that the download link automatically geolocated to include a "uk" and I couldn't switch that to (say) "us", or "cn", so thought it might also be locale specific issue that would be sorted in due course. Figured I'd just try later when I have the drone to hand as well.

It's been months - another few hours, or even a day or two, won't hurt. Just be glad of a fix at this point!

One more question to add to the app/firmware update topic...

When I start up at least one of my drones I get a message that there is a new "flysafe" database to update. It would appear at face value that DJI isn't taking down geofenced areas but adding new ones. Having had issues with geofencing and unlocking, am I wrong to have a cynical attitude about updating the data base and ignoring the message and updates? FWIW when I'm in unfamiliar territory I do check Aloft and/or B4UFLY and sometimes even the flysafe map on the computer.

Reactions: wsteele
was surprised when i had a GO 4update for my IOS device today its gone from 4.3.46 to 4.3.50 ,
I have flown my Mavic Air for years and my M2Z for two years and have never updated anything. I do the normal flying, take my stills and video's and now hyper lapse. Everything is working as if it were new and I'm not sure what else I would want. I've heard nothing but problems when some updated and never heard the benefits for our actual flying. What am I missing?

... never heard the benefits for our actual flying. What am I missing?
Well ... really doubt that they are addressing possible flying issues for any crafts that uses GO4 in this late stage. But there's still a lot of bad implemented functionality depending on craft model that they could correct.

Take the TapFly feature on your Air for instance... could have been a really nice feature for "fly by" shots where the drone keeps the flying direction while you manually yaw during the fly by to keep an object in the frame. But TapFly don't register your usual set stick sensitivity so yaw is super sensitive & that spoils the whole idea with the function & just create a jerky mess out of the move. But if you don't use any of these bad working functions ... then yeah, you don't miss anything.

Think updates this late in the apps life cycle instead is coming from that they still have the app for some still sold drone models & that the app can't handle the newer phone models with the newest Android OS on certain chipsets.

If you doesn't miss anything & all your gear works together to your satisfaction you probably don't need to update ... but not all are as lucky as you.

Reactions: Facherty
One more question to add to the app/firmware update topic...

When I start up at least one of my drones I get a message that there is a new "flysafe" database to update. It would appear at face value that DJI isn't taking down geofenced areas but adding new ones. Having had issues with geofencing and unlocking, am I wrong to have a cynical attitude about updating the data base and ignoring the message and updates? FWIW when I'm in unfamiliar territory I do check Aloft and/or B4UFLY and sometimes even the flysafe map on the computer.

I’ve been ignoring those flysafe updates for quite a while now.
Usually because they always ask me on site and it usually fails to go through.
Waste of time and effort.
So it gets an ignore routinely now.
Maybe one day I’ll get grounded with a forced update, who knows what DJI programme into their regular updates.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661