DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wrong metadata when shooting on high FPS??

fabiobr

Reactions
Hello,

Shot some videos @ 1080p 96fps, however when you pop the card into a PC, the framerate metadata is set to 23,98 FPS, which makes the video play in slow motion whenever it is played in a common player like let's say, VLC.

Is there any settings which I could be missing? to make the metadata reflect the 96fps of the recording, thus keeping the extra data and being allowed to play normally? All my gopro's did shot ins >30FPS as an option, but allways with correct metadata.

Regards

Fabio

Hello,

Shot some videos @ 1080p 96fps, however when you pop the card into a PC, the framerate metadata is set to 23,98 FPS, which makes the video play in slow motion whenever it is played in a common player like let's say, VLC.

Is there any settings which I could be missing? to make the metadata reflect the 96fps of the recording, thus keeping the extra data and being allowed to play normally? All my gopro's did shot ins >30FPS as an option, but allways with correct metadata.

Regards

Fabio
that’s how it works on DJI drones.

Reactions: fabiobr
Thank you for answering. Wonder what the advantage of having it this way would be.
MPP programming doesn’t allow. Doubt if DJI will update or change due to age of model and mature software. Don’t think it was designed to offer advantages over newer programming/drones.

Shooting at high frame rates is there basically for slow motion effects. Your normal frame rate for TV's media players is around 24 fps, so when you shoot at 96 fps you will see 24/96 = 1/4 i.e.quarter speed or slow motion.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy