DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yagi/ parabolic/ mk 2

Pushkur

Reactions
This setup with my Ce M2Z using NLD FCC /Boost hack set in 5.8 can max my battery out flying long distance, over semi rural which has small villages in the flight path.
Please..No need for LOS reminders?

Attachments

• 20200909_193943.jpg
    20200909_193943.jpg
    944.4 KB · Views: 129
  • 20200909_193343.jpg
    20200909_193343.jpg
    853.5 KB · Views: 128
  • 20200909_194025.jpg
    20200909_194025.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 119
Reactions: Scubadiver1944
Interesting setup. Is this something you made or purchased? Beats tearing open a controller which is something I don’t want to do.
Paul C

Interesting setup. Is this something you made or purchased? Beats tearing open a controller which is something I don’t want to do.
Paul C
A guy in America sells them on eBay,I added the parabolic to see if I could squeeze a little bit more signal strength, as I like to experiment.
Anyone with a 3d printer can make the yagi

Thanks. Missed this development.

looks promising.
Paul C

A guy in America sells them on eBay,I added the parabolic to see if I could squeeze a little bit more signal strength, as I like to experiment.
Anyone with a 3d printer can make the yagi
Do you still have the link to those by any chance? Thanks

Do you still have the link to those by any chance? Thanks
Both are very good.. you would need to add the parabolic for the top link.
What drone do you have ?
Both my M2Z and Mini are Ce versions hacked to fly FCC.
I can fly both with the 5.8 yagi/parabolic setup out over rural/ suburbia untill battery levels makes it necessary to head home.
I do film in LOS also,I'm not just in to distance for the sake of it,but do like to find the boundary's.
Don't see the point of the expensive arial mod, unless you have plans to solder a 2nd battery onboard ?

Just ordered mine from the guy that flew the mini out to 7000 meters..... Should be the perfect set up with the Drone Link App to fly my place in Georgia.... without losing video feed and to minimize any chance of losing control. Hoping it works as well for me.

Reactions: Pushkur
Hi, does anyone guide if mixing 2.4g vs 5.8g as in photo is any good. Or should I invest in both sets or one set

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200912-201309.png
    Screenshot_20200912-201309.png
    179.6 KB · Views: 25
Thanks for providing those helpful links, I’m going to get some 5.8 8 element yagis for the mini.

No you want 2.4 for far from interference, and 5.8 for near buildings etc.. not mixed .
I fly Ce models in Fcc 5.8 manual, and get long distance with parayagi
( copper 8 pin) on both zoom and mini.
Just need to point a little more accurately than with standard antennas,some only add the parayagi,when signal is getting weak..

Hi, does anyone guide if mixing 2.4g vs 5.8g as in photo is any good. Or should I invest in both sets or one set

I got the 2.4 and 5.8 Yagi-Udas. I have not tried mixing and matching though. I might experiment with that and see.

I still have the CE version (i.e. 1-13 bands) but with some additional 5.8 bands.

I did not do the FCC hack.

I got the 2.4 and 5.8 Yagi-Udas. I have not tried mixing and matching though. I might experiment with that and see.

I still have the CE version (i.e. 1-13 bands) but with some additional 5.8 bands.

I did not do the FCC hack.

Thanks for the contribution. What I remember reading is each antennas works for 2.4gig and another for 5.7gig. is this true ?

I was under the impression that one antenna was for 2.4 and the other 5.8, I would have assumed that having mixed would be beneficial when the device is set to auto channel select

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00