DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

(yawn, nevermind) Federal Trade Commision Complaints against DJI and Epson

Based on what is on the website, the BT-35E has the following features over the BT-30C
  • Can switch between 3D and 2D mode (BT-30C is 2D only)
  • Has HMDI input in addition to USB-C (BT-30C only does USB-C)
  • Has a belt clip for the controller.
  • Supports 1920x1080 @ 60hz, 1280 x 720 @ 60hz, 1280 x 720 @ 30hz, and 640 x 480 @ 60hz (BT-30C only does 1280 x 720)

( :

Thanks for reading what I read but seeing what I didn't.

What a waste of time that would have been- good choice not to proceed. Its likely you would have failed to demonstrate you had a valid complaint. I think most would understand your frustration however- I do.

Doing an OEM version of Android is a non-trivial task. It's one of the reasons why most of the Android vendors seem to take forever in releasing OS updates. Android 6 was a big jump, a lot of stuff changed under the hood. Epson probably crunched the numbers and came to the conclusion that cost to updating the BT-300 to a 64 bit edition of Android would be greater than the additional sales it would bring in.

That might be why their newer AR headsets, the BT-30C and BT-35E, don't run Android. They function as display devices. The BT-30C connects to Android phones over USB-C and is $200 less than the BT-300. That works great for commercial use Android devices, but you would need a 2 port USB hub to connect the BT-30C and a Mavic controller to a phone. If they were smart, they would bundle one in with the package. And it shuts out anyone wanting to use one with an iPhone. The BT-30C does have the advantage of being able to display any app that you have on your phone.
I never could find a hub that had 2 C ports without one being for power injection only.

As mentioned in another thread on this incompatibility matter, I did cancel my order for the Epson BT300!

Having spent a bit of time reading/researching I'm of the opinion the BT300 is now quite 'old' and badly in need of an update - Android 5 has been history for a while.

I won't be buying the Moverio in they're current format.

good call, as of 2019.

I never could find a hub that had 2 C ports without one being for power injection only.
You would probably have to find a hub that has 4 ports to get multiple data ports. That's why I was suggesting that Epson bundle a two port splitter with the 30C/35E. With the newer Android phones (Snapdragon 835 or better), the $499 BT-30C would be a decent option, once you could connect both it and the remote to your phone.

Do you have an example of a hub that allows 3 C type data connections?
You do need 3: one in host mode, two in device mode.

Come to think of it, even if you find one you have another challenge.
The RC connects to the phone as a host with the phone operating as a device like a display. However the Moverio is expecting to be connected to as an HDMI as a display device, with the phone being the host providing the video. I realize C standard no longer has a clear cut distinction between A and B connections, but I suspect the standard isn't expecting two host devices.

It's like trying to connect two PCs and a display via the same C "network", one PC wanting to control the other PC, the second PC wanting to control the display.

Do you have an example of a hub that allows 3 C type data connections?
You do need 3: one in host mode, two in device mode.

Come to think of it, even if you find one you have another challenge.
The RC connects to the phone as a host with the phone operating as a device like a display. However the Moverio is expecting to be connected to as an HDMI as a display device, with the phone being the host providing the video. I realize C standard no longer has a clear cut distinction between A and B connections, but I suspect the standard isn't expecting two host devices.

It's like trying to connect two PCs and a display via the same C "network", one PC wanting to control the other PC, the second PC wanting to control the display.
D'oh!

Then you would need a mobile device with HDMI out. Something like Shield K1, but current.

Yup. Drat. I was hoping you'd have a solution I haven't found it thought of. I don't have a BT, but I could have used it to send my phone or tablet screen to a projector via HDMI adapter while RC is connected to the phone. This way I could show my class how the app looks like.

I use Mirror to relay the screen to my laptop over WiFi but it's finicky.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS