DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yellow light during flight - low light?

CuriousGeorge

Reactions
It seems to be flashing slow every now and again during flight, alternating back to green. Manual says No GPS and forward and downward vision systems - could low / lower light cause this to happen? There were no warnings / issues with flight.

I've gone through a few other threads where it says it may also be due to heavy vibration or aggressive piloting (which wasn't the case) although there may have been a tiny bit of wind but nothing noteworthy.

I got that too a few times, it was gusty when I was flying, not so bad on the ground but higher up. I wondered if it was due to vibration of the drone trying to stabilise itself.

I just kept an eye on it.

I get flashing yellow when
-batteries are low
- im in ATT mode

The batteries weren't low, I was in GPS mode, little wind if any, even had it hovering and it was holding it's ground without moving and still had the yellow light switch back and forth a bunch of times during the flight. It may very well be happening every flight, it was super easy to see it as it was getting dark out. I just finished updating the firmware, calibrating IMU / compass as well.

It seems to be flashing slow every now and again during flight, alternating back to green. Manual says No GPS and forward and downward vision systems - could low / lower light cause this to happen? There were no warnings / issues with flight.

I've gone through a few other threads where it says it may also be due to heavy vibration or aggressive piloting (which wasn't the case) although there may have been a tiny bit of wind but nothing noteworthy.
Are you using low noise props? If so, it's the vibration they cause messing with the IMU. It's a known issue.

The batteries weren't low, I was in GPS mode, little wind if any, even had it hovering and it was holding it's ground without moving and still had the yellow light switch back and forth a bunch of times during the flight. It may very well be happening every flight, it was super easy to see it as it was getting dark out. I just finished updating the firmware, calibrating IMU / compass as well.

I think you answered your own question ‘it was getting dark’.
The vision sensors will be on and off as the light fades depending on height and any shadows or shade of course. There is a bit more ambient light higher up as the sensors catch the fading light, than there is lower down.
Did you not notice the warning on your ‘screen’
Alerting you to not enough light and vision sensors are off?

I think you answered your own question ‘it was getting dark’.
The vision sensors will be on and off as the light fades depending on height and any shadows or shade of course. There is a bit more ambient light higher up as the sensors catch the fading light, than there is lower down.
Did you not notice the warning on your ‘screen’
Alerting you to not enough light and vision sensors are off?
The vision sensors will not cause the status light to flash yellow or any other color.

There were no warnings at all, even went through the basic txt log in case I missed something (but not dat). I am using the stock props, I had looked at the low noise ones but from what I've read they're not as helpful for the standard MP when it comes to noise and flight time. I was wondering if lower light would cause this as it seemed one of the conditions to trip this was forward visions sensors but it sounds like light will have no impact on it? If the FVS see a shadow or black what does it freak out (nothing happened warning wise or automatically stopping the drone mid flight to indicate it was an issue)? Does the FVS work the same way as the DVS with the pings?

Even with DJI low noise props???????
Yes. Mine did it. DJI sent out an update in the firmware a while back to fix the issue. I still use the low noise props with no issues. I get a little longer flight time and they are much quieter.

Reactions: Peter NL
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kquach229