DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yellow tab on inside top of gimbal?

Yep. Don't remove it. It is meant to prevent scratching with the gimball plate. The folks at the DJI flagship store told me not to remove it, as over time there will be scratches or even micro cracks maybe?

Kept mine on. One less part i have to buff out in the case of a crash.

Is this normal? Pic attached. Should i try to remove it? I think its similar to the protective plastic liners on remote and different parts of Mavic chasis. Thx

Of course it wasn't meant to be removed that's why there's a yellow removal tab on it.

Of course it wasn't meant to be removed that's why there's a yellow removal tab on it.
That yellow sticker is a high-sensitive gimbal counter balance device.
I removed mine and got horizon issues. Put it back on and no horizon issue. Go figure..

I confirmed with DJI a few weeks ago that it was meant to be removed but leaving it on was not a problem. A non-issue.

Who at DJI told you that?

I asked their online support and they told me not to remove it. Every tech seems to have a different answer.

Has anyone that removed it ever wondered why every other sticker is thin, frail and comes off with ease, but this one requires so much pull that you have to really have to work at getting it off. If it was meant to come off I don't think they would invest in this grade of plastic and adhesive.

As I said before take it off if you want to, it does not matter to me. If DJI makes an official public statement saying to remove it then I will spend 5 minutes and remove it.

If DJI makes an official Public statement and says to leave it on, then all those that have removed it are SOL.

Rob

It was a posting by "DJI Thor" on the Mavic forum on DJI's website. For the life of me I can't find it but it essentially said that he had checked with "the engineers" and that it was meant to be removed (ergo the yellow tab) but that it could also be left on and not cause any problems. Since this seems to be a re-occurring topic here I'll keep looking for the post.

Every other protective sticker with a yellow tab on it that comes on the Mavic is meant to be removed. Why would anyone think this one sticker would be any different?

Last edited:
Reactions: Hotelone
Every other protective sticker with a yellow tab on it that comes on the Mavic is meant to be removed. Why would anyone think this one sticker would be any different?

Because the shield itself is different. It's not some cheapo plastic like the rest of the yellow tabbed stickers. It's much thicker, stronger and bonded with something that is designed to stay put. Also if you feel the surface it seems to be coated with some kind of Teflon like material.

Rob

My guess is that when they do QA of the assembled Mavics, they power them on and run some tests, and since this is a moving part and is quite bouncy, sometimes it could rub against the plate and leave a scratch, which would be unacceptable to ship to a customer. So, they put a film to avoid that. It has a stronger adhesive to avoid accidental peel off during initialization. This sticker has no functional effect on Mavic. To me, having a yellow tab there is like buying clothes and leaving the tag with barcode and price on it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr