DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yes, I sadly lost my mavic. Any ideas?

Thanks. I sincerely intended to help. Sorry if angered anyone.

I was just trying to help as well. I have autopilot on my Ipad as of right now, along with GO4. I have also used the Ipad with NO GO4 installed, just running autopilot. Autopilot functioned perfectly in the absence of GO4. Simmo stated he wanted to "test" it. I was tyring to save him the trouble. Thanks to all for your help.

Hi Simmo, ksmusa and William Ball
Please dont leave the thread you are actually onto the problem I feel and possibly the solution too
Lets just be nice to each other though !!!!!
I feel sure that I am getting the disconnects from Litchi because DGI go4 is cutting in, to over rule it. So I need to stop it...the question is how far do I need to go?
Turn it off?
Start with no apps and dont load djigo4?
Force stop?
Make Litchi the default app?
Uninstall Dji go4?
Remove it (go4) entirely from my phone?

Previously when everything worked I was given the option of which I wanted to make my default app but since I have upgraded my firmware of dji I don t seem to get that message any more. I think thats the problem.
I even went onto app settings, then chose Dji and where it says "set as default" I cleared it, but soon after it came back again!

Its a real pain and dangerous if I fly litchi

Please excuse my bad typing and bad grammer etc
You can have both APPS on the device. Just be sure to close GO4 before opening Litchi. And vise versa. Can't have both open at the same time. I just make sure I close all open apps before flying.

Hi William
I think thats the point....yes I "close" go4 but it still seems to pop back up.
maybe its different for me using android/samsung?
I think I have to do more than close it or even put it to sleep but at least "force stop" possibly even "uninstall". All these options are different levels of the expression "close".
As I explained even when it is no longer "default" it returns to being default without me doing anything I think.

Hi William
I think thats the point....yes I "close" go4 but it still seems to pop back up.
maybe its different for me using android/samsung?
I think I have to do more than close it or even put it to sleep but at least "force stop" possibly even "uninstall". All these options are different levels of the expression "close".
As I explained even when it is no longer "default" it returns to being default without me doing anything I think.

For what worth....I think you should go look for it again. I think you will find it not in river.

Good luck.

This is why I am untrustworthy towards litchi. I paid $14.99 for it but never use it in a mission. I rather use the go 4 app.

I have flown 390 miles and only use Litchi. Never had a single issue with it.

The problem was the ignoring of the signal issues.
If they used the Go App, it probably would have had the same issues, well except for the loss during a waypoint mission.
If you see issues when you take off, you need to take care of it before flying away. It can only get worse.

I can't believe that I have come to write one of these posts that we see too often.
No doubt there was some pilot error but who will know.
400 fw. android limitations removed app.
I'm a relatively experienced flyer and today I was doing a Litchi waypoint mission. I meticulously planned this and flew at approximately 50 m. I have done numerous waypoint missions before.
Yes, I broke the rules and it went out of VLOS.
When it first went up into the air it kept dropping signal even though it was only 50 feet away. Foolishly I ignored this and after a couple of failed attempts to upload the waypoints it finally accepted it and set off on its mission.with the frequent disconnects I was getting initially I should have just landed it and reconnected but I was impatient. Pretty much straight away signal was lost and I was unable to abort as it went off on its mission.
I did my usual watching the clock waiting for it to return and I did get some blips of signal when it was 150 m. There was no live video feed, no location on the map. Later at 15minutes i reconnected (just the controller) The distance kept hovering around 150 m. I couldn't hear or see it.
I tried the return home button and nothing happened. The controller was totally unresponsive and kept beeping and wouldn't turn off (in fact it's still beeping now will not turn off).Moving sticks had no effect .I could just watch the battery level dropping until it started to auto land at 2% .there was no video feed, no GPS location on litchi.
it landed somewhere or crashed somewhere. I walked the last 500 m of the route but there are many trees and bushes so it's unlikely that I would spot it.
I have the litchi log (csv) but am not sure how to view the last location recorded. I looked here-
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com and it only goes into the mission for first 4mins, so the litchi app never communicated with it after that.
lesson learnt-
any small issues at takeoff take as a serious warning especially when using waypoint missions
Did you try putting it in Sport Mode?

This is scary stuff. I am retired, partially disabled, and probobly only manage fly once every six months or so. My eyesight is not as good as it once was so LOS is a deminishing quantity. I topically only fly with Litchi. I never have updated either the controller or the MP (and it flys perfectly so far..never have lost signal).

So all of that being said, does any of that raise any flags?

Reactions: GavieboyDji
I can't believe that I have come to write one of these posts that we see too often.
I'm a relatively experienced flyer and today I was doing a Litchi waypoint mission. I meticulously planned this and flew at approximately 50 m. I have done numerous waypoint missions before.
When it first went up into the air it kept dropping signal even though it was only 50 feet away. Foolishly I ignored this and after a couple of failed attempts to upload the waypoints it finally accepted it and set off on its mission.with the frequent disconnects I was getting initially I should have just landed it and reconnected but I was impatient. Pretty much straight away signal was lost and I was unable to abort as it went off on its mission.
I did my usual watching the clock waiting for it to return and I did get some blips of signal when it was 150 m. There was no live video feed, no location on the map. Later at 15minutes i reconnected (just the controller) The distance kept hovering around 150 m. I couldn't hear or see it.
I tried the return home button and nothing happened. The controller was totally unresponsive and kept beeping and wouldn't turn off (in fact it's still beeping now will not turn off).Moving sticks had no effect .I could just watch the battery level dropping until it started to auto land at 2% .there was no video feed, no GPS location on litchi.
it landed somewhere or crashed somewhere. I walked the last 500 m of the route but there are many trees and bushes so it's unlikely that I would spot it.
I have the litchi log (csv) but am not sure how to view the last location recorded. I looked here-
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com and it only goes into the mission for first 4mins, so the litchi app never communicated with it after that.
lesson learnt-
any small issues at takeoff take as a serious warning especially when using waypoint missions

I have had a few Litchi missions where the Mavic would stop at the first or 2nd waypoint and not move again. In both cases I had to stop the mission and fly back manually. I would be concerned about flying a mission with signal loss since I still dont trust Litchi. It may work 99 times out of 100 but when it fails... you could lose your drone.

Ok. I came back to read this now I have got over it. I was obviously sadder than I realised. Mainly because there isn't a decent replacement... A new mavic having too modern firmware or the air not having good range are prob downgrades for me. If there was something new and really decent it would be the perfect excuse haha.
I'm also annoyed with myself. When I had lost signal and received notification that it was autolanding I didn't think to flick sport mode and back. This may have saved me. I do this all the time to interrupt a litchi mission but given the chaos and panic with lost signal etc I just kept trying to use the sticks and return home button.
I kept it up for as long as I could by forcing the stick up during the autolanding but when I got to 1% I had to let it go down rather than it falling out of the sky. Given I was getting auto land messages on my controller is it safe to assume it was connected despite the phone saying disconnected? It said it was 150m away (and I couldn't change that with sticks) which I would have assumed meant I would be able to hear it? If it was... One would assume it was 150m away from the end of the mission? That was over the river sadly.
I wonder if I should now just move on and get a mavic air. Worried about range very much though.

I have had a few Litchi missions where the Mavic would stop at the first or 2nd waypoint and not move again. In both cases I had to stop the mission and fly back manually. I would be concerned about flying a mission with signal loss since I still dont trust Litchi. It may work 99 times out of 100 but when it fails... you could lose your drone.

A number of flight problems have been posted here and on PP relating to unexpected behavior or failure to return during Litchi missions. Every single one of them, at least that I recall, turned out to be due to poorly planned missions; none were due to problems with Litchi itself.

If you have flight logs from Litchi missions that failed then it is worth analyzing them to see exactly what happened. If that happened to me then I certainly would not be willing just to shrug and conclude that sometimes Litchi doesn't work properly.

Reactions: faceman
Ok. I came back to read this now I have got over it. I was obviously sadder than I realised. Mainly because there isn't a decent replacement... A new mavic having too modern firmware or the air not having good range are prob downgrades for me. If there was something new and really decent it would be the perfect excuse haha.
I'm also annoyed with myself. When I had lost signal and received notification that it was autolanding I didn't think to flick sport mode and back. This may have saved me. I do this all the time to interrupt a litchi mission but given the chaos and panic with lost signal etc I just kept trying to use the sticks and return home button.
I kept it up for as long as I could by forcing the stick up during the autolanding but when I got to 1% I had to let it go down rather than it falling out of the sky. Given I was getting auto land messages on my controller is it safe to assume it was connected despite the phone saying disconnected? It said it was 150m away (and I couldn't change that with sticks) which I would have assumed meant I would be able to hear it? If it was... One would assume it was 150m away from the end of the mission? That was over the river sadly.
I wonder if I should now just move on and get a mavic air. Worried about range very much though.

You never posted the mission details and so there was no way to determine whether the mission profile had any problems that might have accounted for the failure of the aircraft to complete the mission or RTH, or that might have suggested where it ended up.

If you are flying in populated areas (such as London) the Occusync control system on the MP is going to be a lot more robust than the wifi control on the MA.

Reactions: ksmusa
Should I export the KML 3d path?

Also it has been pouring with rain on and off here, so even a drone in a tree would be a dead drone right?

Last edited:
Should I export the KML 3d path?

Also it has been pouring with rain on and off here, so even a drone in a tree would be a dead drone right?

No - for it to be useful you will need to share the full Litchi mission profile.

These aircraft have demonstrated a surprising ability to survive out in wet weather, so I would not assume that it would be beyond saving.

lesson learnt-
You really should have attached a Marco Polo lve got to get a new charger for myself so I can use mine more.

cant quite see how to share, but its 'discoverable' in the litchi hub as "2018-Kew From River"

cant quite see how to share, but its 'discoverable' in the litchi hub as "2018-Kew From River"

I don't see it in Mission Hub. The option to share the link is in Missions:Open and then click on the "Link" button (not the "Share" button - that's for FB).

"open" your phone in litchie section or photo taken cache, there will be coordinate footprint, otherwise ask for help someone that have sixth sense or wizard skill.

You might try walking the litchi waypoint path with your phone in hand and see if it is somewhere along the route. Try to stay as close to the waypoint line as you can. When you walk and look left and right. (Don't chew gum while doing this. I trip when I walk and try to chew gum simultaneously.) If there is a highest point along the waypoint path perhaps it hit something.

The one time I had an incident while using Litchi on a waypoint mission was my failure to anticipate the height of a cluster of trees . My bird did not come back, but I went out two days later with my phone and walked the waypoint mission and discovered it at the foot those tall trees. I even had the video from it. (Three feet higher I would have made it!)

Perhaps you accidentally added waypoints while brushing or inadvertently touching the screen. You may have added a extra waypoint at the tail end.

Marko

lesson learnt-

okay i read it carefully, you did big mistake, when the litchi lost signal, do not do anything let it go with the last current mission, do not set it back home, or cancel the mission, otherwise it will lost control.

my friend have experienced this, not just mavic but he lost phantom 4.

so it is clear it is the pilot error.

but I am sorry to hear that, hope you could find it.

Reactions: faceman
lesson learnt-
Pro or Air? Sorry for your loss it was my big fear before I got my Mavic Pro

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13