DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yes, or No! My dilemma

Shelby

Reactions
Should I purchase the Mavic Air for the discounted price of 699.00 and let it sit in the box until April due to my cold weather location? Factors: warranty starts at time of purchase. What will the price be in April 2019? Wish I could afford fly more combo! :oops:

i just got one a few weeks ago at the start of the winter season here in Sweden, had a few flights so far, bit of snow today with - temps, keep the batts warm in ya pocket and give it a fly now and then on cold but sunny windless days, that's my plan anyway

People fly in cold weather, but don't buy it if you are not going to use it. Who knows, by then competition may be offering a real alternative to DJI.

Reactions: Rich55
Cold weather is one of my favorite times to fly! Snow pictures are amazing with the right conditions. I have flown the Mavic Pro down to around 15 degree's Fahrenheit. Others have undoubtedly flown at lower temperatures. Warm the batteries in a pocket or near a heater vent in the vehicle. Then spin up the drone and let it idle for about a minute before take off. Hover in place at first. Then fly it, film it, capture it...

Your flight time will be decreased considerably in some cases when flying in really cold temperatures.

i just got one a few weeks ago at the start of the winter season here in Sweden, had a few flights so far, bit of snow today with - temps, keep the batts warm in ya pocket and give it a fly now and then on cold but sunny windless days, that's my plan anyway
Thank you, for your reply. I contacted DJI customer support with my scenario. Well, no insight what so ever!

People fly in cold weather, but don't buy it if you are not going to use it. Who knows, by then competition may be offering a real alternative to DJI.
I wish I had insight on prices in April. If they stay at 699 or lower I think I will wait, verses crashing in the snow

Cold weather is one of my favorite times to fly! Snow pictures are amazing with the right conditions. I have flown the Mavic Pro down to around 15 degree's Fahrenheit. Others have undoubtedly flown at lower temperatures. Warm the batteries in a pocket or near a heater vent in the vehicle. Then spin up the drone and let it idle for about a minute before take off. Hover in place at first. Then fly it, film it, capture it...

Your flight time will be decreased considerably in some cases when flying in really cold temperatures.
Thank you, I'm considering it. Your in California, lucky you!

He's speculating, just like speculation on Phantom 5.

Warranty doesn't start until you activate the Air.
However there are several reasons to wait to purchase if you aren't going to use it until April.
New model might come out
Price might drop.
Better competitor's model might appear
Battery might lose too much charge sitting that long on the shelf.

DanMan32, I think I'm going to wait. However, I thought the activation was also tied to receipt date?

True, but there goes another hundred. Has anyone you know, played around inside with the Mavid Air?

I own both a MA and Tello. I have not been brave enough to fly the MA inside the house (wife would kill me if I crashed), but the Tello is fun to fly in doors when the rain and night coming early prevent from flying my MA outside. If gives you a chance to learn control in a controlled environment.

Thanks for replying. I have intentions of flying the MA above trees and going out of my sight. Is this Okay? Also, with the Tello can you fly it from room to room without visibly seeing the Tello?

Thanks for replying. I have intentions of flying the MA above trees and going out of my sight. Is this Okay? Also, with the Tello can you fly it from room to room without visibly seeing the Tello?
When ever you fly your MA, you should ALWAYS fly it within VLOS! Please don't be one of those people who ruins the sport for everyone else because you don't abide by the rules!

No, I have 30 acres and I would like to fly the drone within my property. However, due to trees I will not always have a clear view of the drone

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor