DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yes, or No! My dilemma

Your property or not, it is unlawful to fly non VLOS by FAA regulations. However, FAA does not cover indoor activity, and yes I have flown my Tello within the boundaries of my houses 4 walls from room to room while non VLOS.

Reactions: Rockin2climb
By the way the 48 hour time limit to purchase refresh without having to do a complex video also starts on activation.

Should I purchase the Mavic Air for the discounted price of 699.00 and let it sit in the box until April due to my cold weather location? Factors: warranty starts at time of purchase. What will the price be in April 2019? Wish I could afford fly more combo! :oops:

In addition to keeping the battery warm, to the same for you phone or ipad, etc. Screen went black on me because the ipad was cold. From upstate New York were I fly on nice winter days to take some interesting photos.

Thanks, I can't afford the fly more package right now and since cold equals battery depletion I guess I will gamble. Hopefully in April the cost is the same or lower.

MA manual states 0 to 40 Celsius operating temperature. I’m sure it can operate in lower temps but if you crash they might not honor warranty.

Also as you ascend the temps generally go lower and you risk condensation on motors and circuit boards frosting over.

I’ll continue to fly above 0 C just to be safe and have my drone and batteries last a bit longer.

I have seen really beautiful winter videos so hats off to those who venture out in sub freezing weather to bring us those videos!

I just picked up the Fly more Combo at Best Buy last night after talking them into a price match I got it for 720. I'm in vermont and it's cold here too(30 today) I've flown my Yuneecs in this weather a few times now with no issues, but batteries do not last as long for sure. Going to get state farm today them do some test flights in my back yard.

MA manual states 0 to 40 Celsius operating temperature. I’m sure it can operate in lower temps but if you crash they might not honor warranty.

Also as you ascend the temps generally go lower and you risk condensation on motors and circuit boards frosting over.

I’ll continue to fly above 0 C just to be safe and have my drone and batteries last a bit longer.

I have seen really beautiful winter videos so hats off to those who venture out in sub freezing weather to bring us those videos!
I'm not that daring!

I just picked up the Fly more Combo at Best Buy last night after talking them into a price match I got it for 720. I'm in vermont and it's cold here too(30 today) I've flown my Yuneecs in this weather a few times now with no issues, but batteries do not last as long for sure. Going to get state farm today them do some test flights in my back yard.

Yeah they had the same 699 as Best Buy and many others, but threw in an extra carry case as I recall. I wanted fly more combo and couldn't pass on the deal I got, but yes costco is a good option too.

I was wondering if there was a MA 2 coming soon or if this was just a "happy holidays" from DJI.

Should I purchase the Mavic Air for the discounted price of 699.00 and let it sit in the box until April due to my cold weather location? Factors: warranty starts at time of purchase. What will the price be in April 2019? Wish I could afford fly more combo! :oops:
You will not be able to get that price again soon! I'd buy it and the combo as well. One battery is definitely not enough, and despite being very careful I managed to lose a joy stick, Nice to have a back up pair in the purchase. And for sure sign up immediately for the factory warranty. I didn't and regretted it and then they offered it a few weeks ago and I had to go through lots of hoops to document the fly-ability of my drone.

You will not be able to get that price again soon! I'd buy it and the combo as well. One battery is definitely not enough, and despite being very careful I managed to lose a joy stick, Nice to have a back up pair in the purchase. And for sure sign up immediately for the factory warranty. I didn't and regretted it and then they offered it a few weeks ago and I had to go through lots of hoops to document the fly-ability of my drone.
Sorry for the late reply! Being a novice I have to read warranty etc. So, when you register your mavic thru Go app warranty does not start?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer