DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yet another bad news story for our hobby

I think a lot of these imaginative sitings are actually those foil-like balloons, we pick up dozens every year either burst or part deflated and stuck in a hedge.

I can't imagine drone pilots would do such a thing, has anyone thought it may be space aliens using cloning technology to make their intergalactic space cruiser look like a drone?! .....

Oh sorry slipped into the warped world of some of the idiots on her denying it's a drone. I've flown for over two years and from day one we had the 'rebel Alliance' pilots that stick it to the man. Same people that get assaulted by neighbors for peeping in Windows and deny it in my experience.

The only real responses I give any credence too on here are those card carrying pilots that actual carry 200+ lives everyday on large Jets, some knob Jockey bitching about his rights to put our lives at risk can do one.

Fly safe or DON'T!!

Reactions: ascension
Birds have had centuries to develop their advance flying skills. Whether used to avoid other objects in the sky, capture prey or avoid being captured, they're really good at it, and the skills are the same.
"Centuries to develop....." jaysus,what passes for an education these days !!

Try read this: [emoji4]
Evolution For Dummies Cheat Sheet - dummies

Reactions: 787steve
Now the UAE are banning all drones unless fully licensed and flight plans are submitted in advance due to disruption at a number of major international airports but namely Dubai international.

Terrible... :D
I see the two huge humps on the roof, have been removed !!
Google Maps

Once, it was... and got its name.
commute-061.jpg

Nope, unless it has 2 huge humps:D

Reactions: 747P4
It dismays me to read some of the posts on here.

I have always been a responsible drone pilot. I never fly above 400ft and rarely never more than ~600ft in distance, - (BECAUSE, we are not permitted to go above 400ft...and should have the drone in sight all the time, for obvious reasons.) or anywhere that is likely to cause a nuisance, or danger.

Over the years I have seen many threads on this forum and others talking about record breaking distances and heights.
With the caveat that I never bother reading such threads (because they don't interest me) I can only assume that those who aim to break records are those that are flying their drones irresponsibly.
At least under US or EU guidelines...we simply cannot fly our drones above ~400ft nor much further away in horizontal distance. Yet there are so many that appear to do so.

There are irresponsible drone pilots....there always will be...therefore these types of news stories will always be.

I do not understand why some in this thread are portraying such a complacent attitude, questioning the legitimacy of such news reports, absolving the drone community of any responsibility....rather than rallying to acknowledge this is a problem (albeit, caused by the minority)

The sooner we ALL become compliant drone pilots, with a responsible attitude, the better.

No one absolves any irresponsible behaviour, I hope, but it's true that anything is seen flying (or supposed seen where it shouldn't), it's nowadays a private drone.
More it's done (practically) to educate and prevent (everyone can do), to punish and enforce (law, officers, can do), the better.
More is spoken (often, just to have something to post in a forum) the worse, because the problem is painted magnyfied (over its real dimension) and people paranoia is feed.

The sooner we ALL become compliant drone pilots, with a responsible attitude, the better.

Actually speaking about another bad news story, not sure if posted here or not, but check out this effing moron with a capital F and M. People like this really really need to be jailed. Bit harsh?, who cares i stand by calls to jail this effing reatarded moron.
I used this AP twice in November last year so can relate quite closely to this incident.

Oh great...another example of stupid behaviour. I'm sure this gets a pass from some people on here though as I've read before.

Why is it that some members think any report of a drone causing disruption to air traffic is not grave cause for concern and lay blame elsewhere? This story should be of serious concern to anyone in respect of both air travel safety and the future for drone hobbyists. Anyone with an axe to grind in the lobby to get drones banned would have a field day reading some of the reactions within this forum, confirming the irresponsibility of the few.

THIS, I totally agree with, I got bored half way through this thread with members giving it "It's not us it's something else" or "a drone would do no harm to an airliner"

Who knows? Would you like to be the one to bring an airliner down, whether it's a crash or a forced landing? Just so you can say oops!

FFS! grow up people, if you put your drone in a flight path or over an airport you deserve to get your c*** kicked in, and I for one will be in the queue to do the kicking.

This is not about infringing your rights to fly your drone, it's about you infringing on the rights of others to have a safe and worry free flight.

I have no issues with DJI including NFZs in the software, it just may prevent an accident through ineptitude or stupidity.

I live a kick in the **** the from Glasgow airport and I wouldn't dream of flying anywhere near the airport (even if I could) and I would like to think that anyone else who shares my hobby would think the same.

This kind of ***** will have us regulated out of the sky... get a grip children!

THIS, I totally agree with, I got bored half way through this thread with members giving it "It's not us it's something else" or "a drone would do no harm to an airliner"

Who knows? Would you like to be the one to bring an airliner down, whether it's a crash or a forced landing? Just so you can say oops!

FFS! grow up people, if you put your drone in a flight path or over an airport you deserve to get your c*** kicked in, and I for one will be in the queue to do the kicking.

This is not about infringing your rights to fly your drone, it's about you infringing on the rights of others to have a safe and worry free flight.

I have no issues with DJI including NFZs in the software, it just may prevent an accident through ineptitude or stupidity.

I live a kick in the arshe from Glasgow airport and I wouldn't dream of flying anywhere near the airport (even if I could) and I would like to think that anyone else who shares my hobby would think the same.

This kind of shyte will have us regulated out of the sky... get a grip children!
I couldn't have said it better I agree with you

A ray of hope to all of your concerned about a few crazy quad flyers out there who are destroying our drone flying. As a fixed wing pilot I can attest to the fact that there are a lot of irresponsible manned aircraft pilots as well that break FAA rules and regulations. They get chastised by the press and the public, but it doesn't mean it takes down the whole General Aviation activity in our country. I certainly feel the general public might feel that we quad pilots might be doing some bad flying if we invade their privacy or start to interfere more in mixing with traffic at airports, but so far it seems to be mostly isolated events that can get overblown. My only objection is the limited approved areas that we are allowed to fly in when I look at the safe zone map on the DJI site. I have only been quad flying now for almost a month, but still enjoy it almost as much as flying in the real birds!
Golf Course.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair