DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

You couldn't make this up.

jwilson

Reactions
I fly my drones with a Samsung Tab S3. Unfortunately, back around 2019, they updated from Oreo to Pie. It turned the S3 into a total pig. Nothing but lag. So a few days ago, I finally got up the balls to try to roll it back to Oreo, and it worked. I lost a lot of data and settings, but I'm glad I did it. Sunday I will be going on a month long trip.
So I installed Fly. But it wouldn't do anything, just hang up at the first screen saying "before you fly".

I emailed DJI Support. They haven't replied.

So after googling "before you fly", I found the problem and the solution. Hope I can get these pictures in the right order.

Screenshot_20240531_185201_Opera.jpg

Screenshot_20240531_185216_Opera.jpg

Screenshot_20240531_185311_Opera.jpg

But if you notice the solution, nobody would guess that in a million years! So DJI says, "this model cannot be used normally as a mobile device. And we have no plans on fixing it." But that's totally untrue! It works great, if you would just let us use it. Sometimes I wonder about DJI.

Reactions: rp6 and Bugsnbonez
So DJI says, "this model cannot be used normally as a mobile device. And we have no plans on fixing it." But that's totally untrue! It works great, if you would just let us use it. Sometimes I wonder about DJI.
Unfortunately the moderators of the DJI forum are not a reliable source for correct information.
They don't fly drones and have no technical knowledge.
They often pass on poor or completely incorrect information.

Unfortunately the moderators of the DJI forum are not a reliable source for correct information.
They don't fly drones and have no technical knowledge.
They often pass on poor or completely incorrect information.
I thought that was DJI talking directly. But unfortunately, what was said is true. DJI purposely tries to prevent you from flying with certain devices, and it's only luck that one guy found a workaround. Very bad. And DJI still hasn't returned my request for support on this issue.

DJI purposely tries to prevent you from flying with certain devices
I've never seen any indication of this.
DJI provide a list of their "approved devices" (a few devices that have tested and found to work).
But DJI don't test every device that's out there and many very good flying tablets never show on their list.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
So then why do you have to use that weird workaround than most people would not find by themselves?
1. I'm not aware of DJI trying to prevent flyers using particular devices.
2. I'm not aware of anyone having to employ a workaround.
I am aware of some devices not being compatible, but no workaround would solve that.

Perhaps if you could give some details of the issue I could understand what you are suggesting.

1. I'm not aware of DJI trying to prevent flyers using particular devices.
2. I'm not aware of anyone having to employ a workaround.
I am aware of some devices not being compatible, but no workaround would solve that.

Perhaps if you could give some details of the issue I could understand what you are suggesting.
If you look at the first post, see what Mick-france had to get his device to work.

1718076057837.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efe