DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Your range has been reached

Rchawks

Reactions
I know I'm missing something here. Not sure what. I've set the height to 390 ft and started with a limited range. But after becoming comfortable with flying it and resetting the distance to unlimited it still is fencing me in. Instructions say GPS I thought I had a good connection.

Last edited:
Nope. I had 2 full flights and had it buzzing around like a rc plane. I have the height set at 390 ft but I notice the warning came on at 73 ft. The distance was set for unlimited but warning came on at 159 ft. The signals are set on Auto and the channel I was on was full green. Otherwise the Drone seems to be rock solid.

I'm a bit frustrated, I feel like l'm in a fishbowl while everyone else is in a Olympic swimming pool. Really limits what you can do with a shot. 73 and 159 ft.

And you are sure your controller ariels are pointing in the correct angles ?

Reactions: Rchawks
Log out from DJI Fly app - Log in again.

I would go one step further by deleting the app and re-installing it. I think it’s worth a try.

Ok I’m also wondering in hindsight if I got lazy with my holding of the transmitter because of the iPad i will recheck everything tonight will do thanks guys!

Re-start your DJI app, turn -off and disconnect everything including the usb from your RC. Plug your phone into the RC or ipad whatever your using , and turn controller on and start your MM up and set it on a flat and level surface, I would go ahead and re-calibrated your IMU and compass and verify all settings and limitations again and take off.

Not sure if your question has been answered yet. Occasionally my Smart Controller doesn't update the new flight location/elevation -and it assumes I'm still starting from home at about 175'. I'm warned that max elevation has been achieved just a few feet off the deck. If I just wait & hover, the new location is updated & I can resume normal flight. But I don't fly over 400' above the takeoff point.

I'm probably not hovering long enough for it to do it's update. I hover only about15 secs or so, maybe this might be part of the puzzle. I wanted to test some of these suggestions out tonight, but with working 10 hr days and nightly chores to do ran out of daylight. To everyone that's offered help Thank you the last thing I want to do is crash or fly a way from a simple error. Speaking of which what Paul said got me thinking about how careful you have to be holding the transmitter properly. Flying RC the antenna is a completely different design. I'm not use to this style. So could some fly aways happen because the flyer drops the angle of the transmitter while flying?

If the connection from controller to craft is severed, I believe that will initiate RTH. But be aware that RTH will be a straight line, at the RTH height specified. So as I understand, the unit will ascend to the RTH height, follow the heading, then descend directly downward to home. If RTH is set to 400', be sure to have enough power left to get back, and remember that it can be windier at 400'. I always fly manually & have not yet used auto RTH. Best to understand all that in advance. Helpful to view some good flight video tut's if you're new to this. Many factors at play, & then there's the . . . "X" factor.

Reactions: Rchawks
It sounds like you may not be logged in to the DJI Fly app, I'd log out of the app and log back in. I just read a list of potential Mini issues and fixes on this site and noticed the bit about being logged in

When you install the DJI Fly app on your Smartphone, you will be asked to log in or register. If you are not logged in, then your flight range will be limited in both altitude and range until you activate your login.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS