DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

YouTube Blocked my Video

Also keep in mind that YT is a profit venture for Google and over the past 1-2 years, they have been attempting to make revenue from it. It is no longer just a place to store videos for friends to watch... it is more like TV and each "uploaded" is a producer. So people who upload content now need to create videos as if they were TV shows.... or at least with the same legal aspect.

OK, This is interesting. For Mother's Day I created a video and put on YouTube for my wife of 58 years. In the background I used Alan Jackson's "Remember When" music. After this recent incident, I wondered why YT didn't block this video.
I posted the link on Facebook and just noticed this in the comments.
Category

Entertainment

Suggested by SME

Alan Jackson - Remember When (Official Music Video)

Music in this video

Learn more

Listen ad-free with YouTube Premium

Song

Remember When

Artist

Alan Jackson

Writers

Alan Jackson

Licensed to YouTube by

SME (on behalf of Arista Nashville); UBEM, LatinAutor, LatinAutor - SonyATV, SOLAR Music Rights Management, CMRRA, EMI Music Publishing, and 11 Music Rights Societies

Here is the link to the video. Does this indicate that certain music is actually OK to use by us if YT got the permission from the copyright owner/s? Learning experience for sure.

Thanks again for all the insight, suggestions and maybe a touch of sympathy. At least I now know in the future I will try to tone down any copyrighted protected background music. I use Photoshop CC combined with Adobe Premiere Elements to edit so I can usually remove the sound track. I will look into Amarand's suggestion if it's possible to use a separate mic with the OSMO Action.
At the moment, you canNOT use a separate mic with the Action. Apparently, they will be releasing some adapter that plugs into the usb port but it is not available yet.

Following up, I just looked at a video I posted accompanied by a snippet from Glazanov. I now notice it has the following text appended to it:

"Selections from "The Seasons", Op. 67
Artist Boris Khaykin

Album Glazunov: Symphony No. 7 in F Major, Op. 77 & Selections from "The Seasons", Op. 67

Licensed to YouTube by The Orchard Music (on behalf of MUSIC ONLINE) "

OK, This is interesting. For Mother's Day I created a video and put on YouTube for my wife of 58 years. In the background I used Alan Jackson's "Remember When" music. After this recent incident, I wondered why YT didn't block this video.
I posted the link on Facebook and just noticed this in the comments.
Category

Entertainment

Suggested by SME

Alan Jackson - Remember When (Official Music Video)

Music in this video

Learn more

Listen ad-free with YouTube Premium

Song

Remember When

Artist

Alan Jackson

Writers

Alan Jackson

Licensed to YouTube by

SME (on behalf of Arista Nashville); UBEM, LatinAutor, LatinAutor - SonyATV, SOLAR Music Rights Management, CMRRA, EMI Music Publishing, and 11 Music Rights Societies

Here is the link to the video. Does this indicate that certain music is actually OK to use by us if YT got the permission from the copyright owner/s? Learning experience for sure.

If you go into YT editor, you can actually search almost any recorded song and it will tell you if its free to play in your videos or not. Some songs can be played in some countries while other countries it will actually be banned for use due to copy-write laws. It's a good tool to use if you plan on adding music to your videos. That way you will know before you even create the video if the music is available for your use. It's to bad that a song playing in the background of your audio capture will get a copy-write strike against you though, seems a bit extreme to me. Some songs can even get a copy-write strike if it's played as a cover song by a different artist.

Reactions: ff22
Just got my OSMO Action last week in time for my Granddaughters College Graduation Party. I filmed the party that was at my son's house. While filming, there was background music. Once I spent hours editing, I uploaded to YouTube to share with family.
Because of the background music (Frank Sinatra) they blocked it. If I remove the sound track, there goes all the voice which is what I really want. Seems lame to me, but be aware. I haven't figured out a way to separate the voice form the background music since it's all on the same track. So if you're at an event filming, and they are playing music I the background, you're out of luck. Seems pretty restricting. Anyone know of a better way to share videos other than YouTube?
When I make video I always stop any music in the background if I can. The two reasons are that first any cut you do in the editing you’re also cutting the music and it’ very noticeable and I prefer choosing the music afterwards.So in the future ask if you pause the music while you film.

When I make video I always stop any music in the background if I can. The two reasons are that first any cut you do in the editing you’re also cutting the music and it’ very noticeable and I prefer choosing the music afterwards.So in the future ask if you pause the music while you film.
Yes, I understand your point, but in this case it was a family cookout and not at my house, so I had little control on the music. Plus, I was more interested in capturing the conversation, not the music. Since I did edit the video, most scenes contained different portions of any background music so just fade in/out as needed. Like someone mentioned, if it's detected by automation, I am thinking the best thing is to avoid being too close to the music. In my case, the song that got flagged was playing from a speaker right next to where I was filming. Anyway, thanks for the input.

I have absolutely no idea what this thread has to do with the Osmo?!

It’s a little work, but you can filter out background noises including music with the free sound editor called Audacity (PC only), or some other sound editing programs for iOS.

Reactions: Slim.slamma
I once posted a video on how to assemble an AR-15. YouTube banned it in less than a week. Why? Because it showed how to assemble an AR-15.
I moved it to my personal GoogleCloud and passed access to it to a few others.
Did you include this at the beginning?

Just got my OSMO Action last week in time for my Granddaughters College Graduation Party. I filmed the party that was at my son's house. While filming, there was background music. Once I spent hours editing, I uploaded to YouTube to share with family.
Because of the background music (Frank Sinatra) they blocked it. If I remove the sound track, there goes all the voice which is what I really want. Seems lame to me, but be aware. I haven't figured out a way to separate the voice form the background music since it's all on the same track. So if you're at an event filming, and they are playing music I the background, you're out of luck. Seems pretty restricting. Anyone know of a better way to share videos other than YouTube?
YT is like Hoover vacuums ........... suxs on one side and blows on the other

Did you include this at the beginning?
View attachment 76896
I did have a big safety warning at the beginning, but it seems how to assemble your own weapon scares the folks at Google (YouTube). You know, the political correctness of the far left!

Usually youtube let the copyright owner take ownership of the music and any ad revenue goes to them, if just for family allow that?

Always been that way for me whenever uploaded anything with live or recorded music anyhow.

If you had a paid DJ for this event the music is probably paid for by licensing to the DJ. That may be a loophole to YouTube's ridiculousness. You can also try Bitchute. They don't censor.

I did have a big safety warning at the beginning, but it seems how to assemble your own weapon scares the folks at Google (YouTube). You know, the political correctness of the far left!
I'd like watching the Far Left hung by the neck on YouTube.

Reactions: Drgnfli
The work around is to make sure you have some racist hate speech in the video. YouTube will let that pass right on through.
YouTube is the dumpster of video posting. Use Vimeo or another video platform

Reactions: cayman5522
VIMEO is a possibility, it is a competitor to YouTube. I have no idea if they have as ridiculous a DMCA Takedown process as YouTube has. With any luck your video fares better there.

A few years ago I had a similar issue. I can't recall if it was Vimeo or YouTube but there was a way to "appeal" the decision. I recall that I filled that out and within a few day they reversed the decision and I was allowed to have the video viewable. I'm sorry I can't remember the specific details. But, it may be worth appealing the decision. Even if you get turned down again, you'll learn what that process is like and how to do it in the future should you need to.

That's what I get on some of mine, hey not monetised anyhow, so doesnt bother me. Screenshot_20190706-161213_Chrome%20Beta.jpeg

The trick is to practice fair use of copy righted material. If you give credit to the artist in your video then that is considered as fair use of copyright. I have been using background music with very little issue using this. Hope that helps. Here’s a sample of my video with music background and credit. sometimes they take it down but I just dispute sand advise them I am following the fair use of copyright and they unblock them. I do this trick in Facebook as well.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas