DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

YouTube

1hoax

Reactions
Any tips on improving the quality of my videos to YouTube?

Currently taking footage from sd card to MacBook, airdropping to phone then posting from there.
Roundabout kinda way to do it I know ?‍♂️

Tia : )

Reactions: E90RAW
Using an MPP. I've had problems with my video quality on YouTube. I think it's because of the slow speed of my internet connection; download 10 mbs and upload of 0.87 mbs. I live in the boonies and cannot get any faster speed. For long videos, sometimes I think it would be faster if I get in my car and drive it there. During playback, I check what YouTube is feeding me, and sometimes it reverts to 720, which is awful. I've tried all kinds of things, like uploading 4k at 30fps, etc assuming it would improve their conversion/compression. It took forever and it didn't appear to improve anything. So I finally settled on the file format: 1080p 29.97fps 20mbps h264 Rec.709 which comes from my use of Final Cut Pro X and configured from Compressor. The upload is not too slow, and I think the quality is about the best that can be expected. Now YouTube reverts to 1080 which makes a big difference.

Maybe there are some experts that can comment here...?

Last edited:
Reactions: E90RAW
Yes, the playback is often the issue, not sure how YouTube’s uploading and processing affects things also. I’ve found this when using phone to view when away, some of my vids can play in as low as 360p when connections are poor, but 1080hd as filmed in when I have a good connection.
When you see one playing back and you click on the YouTube menu bar, you should see a range of options up to the resolution you filmed in.
If you click higher res playbacks, it may atop to buffer now and then to catch up on slower speed or slower equipment.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Any tips on improving the quality of my videos to YouTube?

Currently taking footage from sd card to MacBook, airdropping to phone then posting from there.
Roundabout kinda way to do it I know ?‍♂️

Tia : )
If you are taking your footage onto your MacBook, why not upload to YouTube from there? What resolution are you recording in? You should be able to have the same resolution on Youtube as your recording. Once a video completes it;s upload to YT, you are able to view it in a low resolution, but the video still needs more time to completely get up to full resolution. I've seen times that I have uploaded a 4k video which took a few hours, then I was only able to view it on YT at 360p for a few more hours until the resolution kept increasing until it got to 4k. Maybe give it a day or so to complete.

Reactions: jagraphics
YouTube controls the quality of download based on it’s testing of the speed of the download link. If the link speed is poor, it sends only a very low resolution version of the uploaded image. The only way to improve this is a faster download link.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake