DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Zero windsurfing

JoostGT3

Reactions
So my buddy is a fanatic windsurfer, so ever since I had the mavic the two of us wanted to combine those two. Bit of a dilemma, cause he loves storms, and I am a bit cautious with the mavic... Last sunday was a nice day with some wind forecast but not too much. Sadly, I got all excited so I forgot to think about cinematography; a lot of ruined shots by intermittent moving of the drone. And then I did a first attempt with proxy editing in adobe premiere elements. Went great, except that I forgot to put the project settings right at the beginning, hence the thick black border... anyway, here's the result of a nice afternoon of tomfoolery!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You can fly the mavic in 15-25mph winds, I do it a lot. Since where I live is windy all of the time pretty much, I have no choice and i'm really happy on how the mavic handles the wind.

Reactions: JoostGT3
You can fly the mavic in 15-25mph winds, I do it a lot. Since where I live is windy all of the time pretty much, I have no choice and i'm really happy on how the mavic handles the wind.
Yeah, I know, but the combination relatively new to me, friends watching, flying over water, sailboats with high masts and strong winds is a bit much for me... Thanks for the support though, I'm getting more and more at ease with flying it! Thumbswayup

Reactions: Kestrel
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stormy2024