DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Zoom physical button stopped working

Harambe

Reactions
The remote controller zoom button stopped working randomly. Using s7 and s8.

Software up to date.

I've always changed the button assignment to do other function to make sure the buttons weren't damaged and it worked perfectly.

Then changed the up/down/left/right all too zoom but doesn't work.

You can pinch to zoom and that works fine.

Software up to date.

I've always changed the button assignment to do other function to make sure the buttons weren't damaged and it worked perfectly.

This is a known issue with the latest app update. Unfortunately, you will have to use the pinch method for now until the next update I'm told.

I'm not an Android user, but if I were I'd be pissed. This is the 5th Android issue that I've read in this forum over the last 4 hours,

Reactions: Blades
I'm not an Android user, but if I were I'd be pissed. This is the 5th Android issue that I've read in this forum over the last 4 hours,
Yeah, It seems that DJI cannot get the Android version of the app stable enough for the devices they support.
It almost appears to be getting worse.

Reactions: Blades
It was working before then it stopped.

I was searching google for similar issues and didn't see any similar results.

Thanks for update

Also have odd gimble overload when I first turn it on then it adjusts again and goes away

It was working before then it stopped.

I was searching google for similar issues and didn't see any similar results.

Thanks for update

Also have odd gimble overload when I first turn it on then it adjusts again and goes away
I get the brief gimble overload too...not an issue.

I had the same problem - rolled back to 4.0.7 and it worked ok - seems an issue with 4.1.0

Simon

Reactions: Palliz
Besides the massive problem of coding for so many different Android devices DJI created an unnecessary logistics problem by making a single App to control all their drones.

This is the main reasons that I stopped writing software that was super multi purposed. DJI would have been a lot better off if way back at 4.02 they had split the App into a Mavic version, Inspire version and a Phantom version.

With any software when the amount of code gets larger you start to have an exponentially growing problem of trying to figure out all the interactions and exceptions that are needed in each subroutine to fit each of the devices requirements. So the bugs start to grow as the software starts to bloat.

Instead of trying to create a whole bunch of separate paths within each subroutine you can easily create a new core function for one drones app and then copy it into another drones App and then change up the code so it works perfectly for that drone.

Why not have a separate GO4 App just for the Mavic?

Rob

Glad I found this, now I know it's not just me. I have 2 mavic's and the zoom isn't working on either after the update. Anyone else have issues with their LEDs? On one drone they're on and on the other not on? I also noticed on one there's a......smooth, regular and HD settings for transmission I think, but on the other drone, no smooth?

Using an old droid turbo, Android, no cell connection and hadn't had any issues with updates until this one.

Software up to date.

Is anyone else having issues with the Facebook livestream using the Android. It work fine till two updates ago.

Tony

Reactions: Harambe
Is anyone else having issues with the Facebook livestream using the Android. It work fine till two updates ago.

Tony

I find if you're on a cellphone tower with 33% signal and near a large metal surface the facebook stream fails.

If you downgrade 4 versions before April, you can stream with any signal strength unless using an Asus or netgear wifi

I find if you're on a cellphone tower with 33% signal and near a large metal surface the facebook stream fails.

If you downgrade 4 versions before April, you can stream with any signal strength unless using an Asus or netgear wifi
With the newest of updates it will livestream (connect) but it skips and is horrible. I've used Samsung Note 3 and a brand new Nexus 7 Gen 2.

Also I must plug in the RC after I start the RC then the Mavic then start the app then plug in the RC to the Nexus to get things to work. It just a routine the I have gotten used to.

Thanks for the help, I chicken to downgrade the app. I'll just hope DJI can get the Livestream thing fix. I talked the support and they said just to wait for an update. I saved the email from support for the future.

Tony

Reactions: NestleQuik
Yea. i'm having this issue too, after the firmware update prior to the one i did yesterday. Not to mention after every update, you have to go back through all your setting and make sure they are as you've set them or resetting them

I had the same problem - rolled back to 4.0.7 and it worked ok - seems an issue with 4.1.0

Simon
Hey Simon I have same zoom in/out problem - just started - have been on 4.1.0 for ages - how do you 'roll back' to 4.0.7 ?

I sent DJI support an email on this zoom problem, i am waiting for a reply before i attempt to do any rollbacks etc. Up till then i had no issues with my drone grrrrrrrr

I sent DJI support an email on this zoom problem, i am waiting for a reply before i attempt to do any rollbacks etc. Up till then i had no issues with my drone grrrrrrrr
Great man - thanks for the update - would appreciate any further info from DJI on this & yeah I agree - HATE having to reset ( & miss a few ) everything when updating etc. Always wondered why DJI didn't just do an iOS app & an Android App you know separate them instead of trying to combine everything together hence screwing things up....................just my thoughts

Besides the massive problem of coding for so many different Android devices DJI created an unnecessary logistics problem by making a single App to control all their drones.

This is the main reasons that I stopped writing software that was super multi purposed. DJI would have been a lot better off if way back at 4.02 they had split the App into a Mavic version, Inspire version and a Phantom version.

With any software when the amount of code gets larger you start to have an exponentially growing problem of trying to figure out all the interactions and exceptions that are needed in each subroutine to fit each of the devices requirements. So the bugs start to grow as the software starts to bloat.

Instead of trying to create a whole bunch of separate paths within each subroutine you can easily create a new core function for one drones app and then copy it into another drones App and then change up the code so it works perfectly for that drone.

Why not have a separate GO4 App just for the Mavic?

Rob
Hi Rob
My take on this - I am not a techie - but wouldn't an App for android & a separate App for ios be a reasonable solution due to the conflicting operating systems? Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best..........just sayin & again I am NOT a techie - so go easy ok...............lol

Reactions: NestleQuik
Great man - thanks for the update - would appreciate any further info from DJI on this & yeah I agree - HATE having to reset ( & miss a few ) everything when updating etc. Always wondered why DJI didn't just do an iOS app & an Android App you know separate them instead of trying to combine everything together hence screwing things up....................just my thoughts

When i hear something i'll post their reply

When i hear something i'll post their reply[/

Someone had posted they were supppose to correct it on the newest update and i just update hmmmm 2 days ago and nothing had change which is why i sent the email

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute