DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Zoom physical button stopped working

Yeah ok - as I mentioned I am still on .0400 & everything was fine until a couple days ago - wish they'd get it right - they need to stop updating firmware & FIX the basics.....I have been up & down firmware & tell you the truth - fed up with it - just wanna fly & not have to come here to read all the speculation & criticism................ah to rant & rave eh?

Reactions: NestleQuik
Great man - thanks for the update - would appreciate any further info from DJI on this & yeah I agree - HATE having to reset ( & miss a few ) everything when updating etc. Always wondered why DJI didn't just do an iOS app & an Android App you know separate them instead of trying to combine everything together hence screwing things up....................just my thoughts

So DJI just replied

0.jpg

Florenz (DJI)

6月12日 02:27 CST

Dear Anthony,

Thank you for raising your concern here in DJI Support.

We are gladly here to assist you with your concern. For us to be able to help you, please provide a screenshot of the app showing that there is no zoom feature so that we can raise the issue with the R and D department.

Your response will be very much appreciated.

Thank you.
Best Regards,
Florence

DJI SUPPORT

Tel Support: +1(818)235 0789 / Mon-Fri 7:00AM-5:00PM(PST)

Online Support: http://www.dji.com/support#after

So DJI just replied

0.jpg

Florenz (DJI)

6月12日 02:27 CST

Dear Anthony,

Thank you for raising your concern here in DJI Support.

We are gladly here to assist you with your concern. For us to be able to help you, please provide a screenshot of the app showing that there is no zoom feature so that we can raise the issue with the R and D department.

Your response will be very much appreciated.

Thank you.
Best Regards,
Florence

DJI SUPPORT

Online Support: DJI Support - Here for You

So i am trying to figure out how am i going to send them a screen shot of it not working if it doesn't work,WTH is this???

So i am trying to figure out how am i going to send them a screen shot of it not working if it doesn't work,WTH is this???
Ha! Ha! First thing that sprang to mind - what is the point in a screen shot - My App has the feature on my screen it just "DOESN'T WORK"!!!!!
So funny man - but gotta say - brightened up a rather dull morning. Seems to be the norm with DJI reponses huh?

Been browsing the net as well for this issue. I thought the zoom problem is only with me, but it seems it affects almost every android user here (how about iOs users?). I think all we can do for now is wait for a next update, which I hope they release sooner, as there seems to be no solution for this at this moment.

And this reply from them really made my day despite this problem. Really, screenshot? I'm still thinking how that can be done. Lol. Hilarious

I also tried everything that I've read from this thread and nothing really worked. I also read somewhere about re-linking the rc. Then when I was doing that, it suddenly gave that countdown with a loud countdown noise and to press the button from the aircraft. I forgot where the rc button was, so out of panic just cancelled it. So far it seems my rc is still working and haven't done any damage to the settings or its connectivity with the aircraft. Lol

The zoom function via the 5 way button is broken since GO app version 4.1.0 and only for Android.
It has been reported to DJI already, so just wait until there is a new app version available,

The zoom function via the 5 way button is broken since GO app version 4.1.0 and only for Android.
It has been reported to DJI already, so just wait until there is a new app version available,

So this is an android-only issue. We'll settle for the on screen pinch in-out for zooming for now until they fix this with a new update.

So this is DJI response to me sending them not a screen shot but me capturing the screen on video of the 5D button not functioning after using it to open the screen with waypoints and also showing them how i had it set up in my app etc and sending it to them. I'm certain they could hear the familiar beep it makes and nothing was happening............

0.jpg

Florenz (DJI)

6月13日 02:44 CST

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for your response.

We suggest to uninstall and reinstall the app and make sure you are using a recommended mobile device. Also try to use one of the devices listed in the supported mobile device to run the DJI Go 4.

iOS Version v4.1.0.
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus.
Android Version v4.1.0.
Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Samsung tabs 705c, Ascend Mate 9, Ascend Mate 7, Huawei P10 Plus, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, LG V20.

*Support for additional devices available as testing and development continues.

Thank you.
Best Regards,
Florence

DJI SUPPORT

I am using a 6.0.1 version of Android on a samsung phone i specifically bought for my Mavic because the app wouldn't work on a windows phone and he is suggesting i buy a phone on his list and the one i bought isn't on it?? I may uninstall the app and reinstall it, but i am not buying another phone, WTF

So this is DJI response to me sending them not a screen shot but me capturing the screen on video of the 5D button not functioning after using it to open the screen with waypoints and also showing them how i had it set up in my app etc and sending it to them. I'm certain they could hear the familiar beep it makes and nothing was happening............

0.jpg

Florenz (DJI)

6月13日 02:44 CST

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for your response.

We suggest to uninstall and reinstall the app and make sure you are using a recommended mobile device. Also try to use one of the devices listed in the supported mobile device to run the DJI Go 4.

iOS Version v4.1.0.
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus.
Android Version v4.1.0.
Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Samsung tabs 705c, Ascend Mate 9, Ascend Mate 7, Huawei P10 Plus, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, LG V20.

*Support for additional devices available as testing and development continues.

Thank you.
Best Regards,
Florence

DJI SUPPORT

I am using a 6.0.1 version of Android on a samsung phone i specifically bought for my Mavic because the app wouldn't work on a windows phone and he is suggesting i buy a phone on his list and the one i bought isn't on it?? I may uninstall the app and reinstall it, but i am not buying another phone, WTF

I am using Samsung NOTE3 & have from the beginning - The App zoom etc WAS working now it isn't! Looking at getting the Samsung S8+ but that isn't even on the recommended list - SERIOUSLY DJI needs to separate the 2 operating systems & make them work individually.
I will uninstall & reinstall the App today but REALLY don't think that is the problem
Thanks for the info

I am using Samsung NOTE3 & have from the beginning - The App zoom etc WAS working now it isn't! Looking at getting the Samsung S8+ but that isn't even on the recommended list - SERIOUSLY DJI needs to separate the 2 operating systems & make them work individually.
I will uninstall & reinstall the App today but REALLY don't think that is the problem
Thanks for the info

I'm also using samsung note 3. Please let us know if you solve it by uninstalling and re-installing the app. Thanks.

I'm also using samsung note 3. Please let us know if you solve it by uninstalling and re-installing the app. Thanks.

Yeah well - uninstalled & re-installed the App - only difference I see is that in now warns about being connected to DJI App otherwise restrictions now apply & a default USB port warning. So just don't bother as nothing has change except the above..............Plus you have to reset a few things back to how you like them. Still no zoom!

Yeah well - uninstalled & re-installed the App - only difference I see is that in now warns about being connected to DJI App otherwise restrictions now apply & a default USB port warning. So just don't bother as nothing has change except the above..............Plus you have to reset a few things back to how you like them. Still no zoom!

Thanks for the update. What a shame. I hope this will be fixed soon.

They sent me 2 emails today replying to my Zoom, feature. Maybe the rest of you all should email them and maybe they will put a little more into fixing this issue, but here are the 2 they sent today

0.jpg

Florenz (DJI)

6月14日 03:58 CST

Hi Anthony,

We already raise this issue with the designated team.

Kindly wait for our update once the issue was corrected or was resolved after running some test with the app and firmware.

Looking forward for your appreciation in this matter.

Have a great day!

Thank you.
Best Regards,
Florence

DJI SUPPORT

0.jpg

Florenz (DJI)

6月14日 07:26 CST

Hi Anthony,

We received an update from the team who analyze this situation and they are asking for the information below.

1. Product model and firmware;

2. Model of mobile and OS version;

3. DJI GO App version;

4. Screenshot of fault;

5. Detail description of fault.

Please provide it as soon as you can so we could forward it to them as soon as possible.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Best Regards,
Florence

DJI SUPPORT

I didn't even bother Uninstalling and reinstalling the app because i changed the functions on the 5D button to see if they worked and all of them did except the Zoom, they keep asking for a screen shot of the fault and that request is puzzling the hell out of me hahaha, so again i sent them another video that screen shots my phone screen of what i just wrote about, of the other functions working and the beeping sound of the joystick when i switched it backed to zoom, along with the information they requested and i will wait again to see their reply..............

And todays DJI , repsonse is as the unsolved issue remains unsolved.........

0.jpg

Florenz (DJI)

6月15日 00:51 CST

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for providing the information that we needed.

We already forwarded this issue with the corresponding team who will help us provide a resolution with the problem.

Kindly wait for our update once they response to our inquiries.

Thank you.
Best Regards,
Florence

DJI SUPPORT

I'm not sure what happened, but i had a DJI Go4 update and my Zoom is working again!!!! Finally

Well ZOOM is back! Yep - Go 4 update this morning - new App version 4.1.2 (Android)
Goes to prove we all seem to know that the problem is when DJI do an update to the Mavic something stops working in the App!
I am STILL on Version .03.400 - anyone else on this version using Android OS???

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54