DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Zoom Super resolution shot?

I have to get out and fly this thing and see if I tweak various parameters, if the composite pans get saved somewhere. Just went through the drone's Internal memory and sd card - no pans. When through the tablets internal and sd-card. No pans there either.

Just added a Mavic2 Zoom to the stable, and was disappointed that - as many have reported above - the Super Res does not automatically stitch a pano image. That makes it a pain in the backside. The Zoom lens enables some nice creative shots. However, annoyed with DJI for not finishing that tool/ mode. If anyone figures it out, please share. Thanks

I'm not sure, (there's no documentation on this that I can find), but it appears that if you choose to "Save Originals" in photo settings and/or perhaps shoot RAW rather than JPG, the images don't get stitched. Instead they get stored in a sub directory.

If you turn off "Save original" and shoot JPG, the image should be assembled right after the sequence is taken. The individual images will be discarded. The assembled image will be in the root directory of your card along with the rest of the regular photo images.

Last edited:
Reactions: ff22
Thanks @jwt873. I Will try that next time. This option should be better documented by DJI and more intuitive. It could be a great tool.

Just added a Mavic2 Zoom to the stable, and was disappointed that - as many have reported above - the Super Res does not automatically stitch a pano image. That makes it a pain in the backside. The Zoom lens enables some nice creative shots. However, annoyed with DJI for not finishing that tool/ mode. If anyone figures it out, please share. Thanks
I'm not sure, (there's no documentation on this that I can find), but it appears that if you choose to "Save Originals" in photo settings and/or perhaps shoot RAW rather than JPG, the images don't get stitched. Instead they get stored in a sub directory.

If you turn off "Save original" and shoot JPG, the image should be assembled right after the sequence is taken. The individual images will be discarded. The assembled image will be in the root directory of your card along with the rest of the regular photo images.

It will also "compile" a Pan (super res or 360 or other) if you use the REVIEW function Icon found under the Camera Settings icon along the right side display. You can download/copy those compiled Pans to the Smart Controller or your phone/tablet while reviewing them. The separate images will remain on your drone. I'm not sure of jpg v. raw.

I will add that the 360 compile is a somewhat distorted image but if uploaded to a site like Kuula it will create a scrollable image and/or a Tiny Planet spherical image.

See:
Gold Creek Pond, Snoqualmie Pass, WA

Last edited:
Reactions: Elude and PRO1
I looked into this a couple of days ago. On DJI’s website there’s a DJI Media Maker which you go into and import/drag the specific folder into that and it’s stitches it. I agree with everyone though as it’s not clear and would assume that it would do it automatically. DJI’s Media makes is under the software heading I think. Originally made for the Osmo but this will stitch for the Super Res photos. Link halfway down: DJI Osmo - Specifications, FAQ, videos tutorials, manuals, DJI GO - DJI

P.S. After you’ve clicked on the link you just have to get rid of the ‘attention’ page about the OSMO PRO no longer being made.

Alternative if @jwt873 ‘s is an easier way I’ll try that!! Still learning myself!!

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead