DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Zoom vs Pro mavic 2...

Ramjet

Reactions
Been going over the specs on both and can't decide on which to go for...

1" sensor is game changing for this size airframe, but I'm waiting to confirm if will be capable of 2x digital zoom in live flight like the current Mavic Pro...

The Zoom is interesting as they claim lossless quality at 4x as well as "super resolution" to stitch together 9 photos real time using the zoom capabilities to capture a 48mp image...

Decisions decisions...

I know not much info to go on right now, I've just been going over the PDF's to learn more...

Anyone see anything I don't?

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
There's no combo, there's an "accessory pack" (same thing but to buy separately).

I'm waiting to confirm if will be capable of 2x digital zoom in live flight like the current Mavic Pro...
From the current reviews it is not.
There are 2 different FOVs but they're completely different modes and with different output quality.

There's no combo, there's an "accessory pack" (same thing but to buy separately).

From the current reviews it is not.
There are 2 different FOVs but they're completely different modes and with different output quality.

So like the Phantom 4 basically limited to post production...

Do you know if you can adjust the ISO with the Zoom?The PDF specs I've found show that the right wheel now controls the zoom function and not ISO...Maybe the 5D button?

lol.. did not know the Mavic Pro has 2x zoom :p

Would be tough to choose.. but, imo, again.... having a Pro already...

Hard "pill to swallow" to pay that much for a Pro 2 when the FoV is 70%, the zoom is 83%.. and the pro I have is going to be cheaper.

If I wanted a drone, and was waiting, would be an easy choice to get a Mavic Pro and not worry about the 1".

Now, I do not do near as heavy filming as a lot of you, I am sure... so a 1" sensor may well be a gold mine for you guys.

R

lol.. did not know the Mavic Pro has 2x zoom :p

Would be tough to choose.. but, imo, again.... having a Pro already...

Hard "pill to swallow" to pay that much for a Pro 2 when the FoV is 70%, the zoom is 83%.. and the pro I have is going to be cheaper.

If I wanted a drone, and was waiting, would be an easy choice to get a Mavic Pro and not worry about the 1".

Now, I do not do near as heavy filming as a lot of you, I am sure... so a 1" sensor may well be a gold mine for you guys.

R

Yup 2x real time digital zoom via the 5D button..

Wow.. I just added up. To replace my Pro and batteries etc.. would cost me $2,194.... no way. If I wanted a new drone, I would grab a regular ol Pro or a freakin Platinum and pocket the cash.

R

1" sensor is game changing for this size airframe, but I'm waiting to confirm if will be capable of 2x digital zoom in live flight like the current Mavic Pro...

The Zoom is interesting as they claim lossless quality at 4x as well as "super resolution" to stitch together 9 photos real time using the zoom capabilities to capture a 48mp image...

Decisions decisions...

I know not much info to go on right now, I've just been going over the PDF's to learn more...

I went with the Mavic 2 Pro

Decisions decisions...

-
There seems to be little basis for creating two different drones, There are features of each that I like. My guess is that 6 months to a year from now they will put all these features into one drone. I can't see why they couldn't now. To me this is strictly a sales ploy

-
There seems to be little basis for creating two different drones, There are features of each that I like. My guess is that 6 months to a year from now they will put all these features into one drone. I can't see why they couldn't now. To me this is strictly a sales ploy

Because getting an optical zoom onto a 1" sensor camera thats small enough and light enough to go onto a mavic size body isnt going to happen for a while.

Camera wise the zoom is a hugely cut down version of the pro.

Considering the ability for service centers to switch the cameras I went with the Zoom...

I don't think I'll need the 1" sensor as I'm pretty happy with the quality of images with the Mavic Pro 1, I'm sure the Mavic 2 Zoom will be even better....

If I change my mind I can just switch over to the 1" later without having to purchase a whole new drone..

Decisions decisions...

I was just hoping that DJI would release 1 mavic pro with 4k at 60 fps that's all I wanted, but now will have to choose between the two which for me is a difficult decision as I really want the zoom and dolly zoom feature but don't want the 2/3rd sensor, I've already got 2 mavic with that same sensor, which is fine but wanted the 1 inch sensor mainly for higher dynamic range.
I think I'm gonna give these 2 mavs a miss and get the phantom obsidion instead as I film lots of watersports and boats I really need 60 fps for smoother footage, gutted though I was so looking forward to getting another mav' enjoy your new birds folks!!

my point of view... if you have already a pro and want to change...go for pro 2 , the quality with 1" sensor have to much more. is matematic. To have a zoom... on a drone... i m not sure... i can just go closer with drone... (yes is not exatly the same but...more or less). So at moment i will continue with my pro (hoping to fix problem of video delay / pixel ... this is the only bad side) and in the future we will see. Anyhow the big change is the safety with the omniradar! sensor all around is not a bad idea!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid