DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

10 inch tablet

Ez_Thug

Reactions
Can I use a 10 inch tablet by Samsung ( Tab S ) to fly the Mavic ? If so, what type of bracket will support such size ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Blades
I havent tried the others that Msinger listed, but I have the Hooshion and I really like it. It holds my 10.1 Tab snugly, and is very quick to insert in between the rubber controller claws and stays in there really well. It is almost infinitely adjustable up and down, back and forth, and folds up nicely.

You will need to use a longer USB cable than the OEM one DJI provides because it will have to reach further. I use the USB port on the bottom of the controller to plug it in.

The biggest plus side for me was the difference between using my tab and S7. Using the tab is like watching TV and I can use it without using my reading glasses. Using my S7 after using the tab feels like Im playing with a Nintendo.

The only downside, as with any tab, is it might partially obscure your view of the controller depending on what angle you set it at..

So you do not need to use a phone with gps?
You only need to use a mobile device with GPS if you want to use the Follow Me flight mode or be able to manually reset the home point to your current location after taking off. If you don't need to use those features, then you don't need GPS.

Or can I use my phone as a hot spot for the tab for gps?
GPS data cannot be shared via a hot spot. You could connect one of these external Bluetooth GPS receivers to your tab.

So the MP will set the home point without my phones gps when I turn it on to fly?
That's correct. The MP sets the home point to its current location using the GPS receiver inside of the MP.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hippysmavic