DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Android Ipad 4 replacement

Exactly the case with me...never thought I would be called an "Apple fanboy", especially since I'm a VB.net & C# programmer for the worlds largest ERP company and it won't even run on an Apple/Mac OS. Warning be prepare to get ridiculed by some "wanna be hackers".
You work at SAP? I work out of SAP Labs in Palo Alto.

Lol, I know google does it in its own way of using its data. In my instance I will use a dedicated andriod device with all fake credential just for the mavic.

u guys need to stop bickering about IOS vs. Android!

I will continue to peruse these forums and until I read about an Android tablet that is problem free and can fit into the remote controller without modifying it, I will continue to use my Ipad mini4.

You may be perusing but you are not really reading or understanding anything because of your apple bias. In many other threads and several times in this thread, the Galaxy S2 T710 has been reported as better in most ways than the ipad. Stable on GO4 and the current firmware, fits perfectly into the controller, lighter, thinner, brighter and less expensive than the ipad. You can revert to older firmware, root it, sideload apks, anything you want to do. None of which you can do with the ipad. I've been flying with my S2 for 6 months problem-free.

Reactions: frankiez
You may be perusing but you are not really reading or understanding anything because of your apple bias. In many other threads and several times in this thread, the Galaxy S2 T710 has been reported as better in most ways than the ipad. Stable on GO4 and the current firmware, fits perfectly into the controller, lighter, thinner, brighter and less expensive than the ipad. You can revert to older firmware, root it, sideload apks, anything you want to do. None of which you can do with the ipad. I've been flying with my S2 for 6 months problem-free.

Cool. I'm gonna look into that tablet. Thanks for the info.

Successfully using Acer Iconia One 7 B1-780, with no issues to date! After saving my meagre Civil Service pay to buy a Mavic, I then had an excuse to upgrade my IPhone 5 and bought a second hand iPhone 6. This device works great but the screen was a bit small for my ageing eyes. I decided to look for a larger alternative and ruled out iPhone plus and iPad mini's due to limited budget. I started looking at larger android phones and small android tablets as a dedicated device for the Mavic.
After extensive research (some of which on this great forum) I purchased an Acer Iconia on eBay for the grand sum of £34GBP ($44USD). This device fits the controller without any customisation (although a little tight thickness wise) and as previously stated I've had no in flight issues to date. There is very little lag in the video feed (I would estimate it to be less than half a second) and the only downside is the screen brightness, but I can't expect perfection for that price. Overall I am very happy with the Acer and would recommend it without hesitation to anyone on a tight budget.

I love these apple users who can not read the Android name anywhere and soon the envy is so great that they can not hold their fingers. They have an absurd need to tell everyone that in their limited opinion the android sucks and Apple is the ninth wonder in the world.
They lie blatantly saying that Apple devices do not give trouble even though it's possible to see threads with people complaining about iPhone issues.
These days I laughed a lot. A user asked for tips to solve his problems and in response they said that he should buy an iPhone because iPhones are infallible and the user replied that he was just using an iPhone !!!

No camera view on phone!
iPhone won't connect to Mavic. Help!
My Go4 Has Stopped Talking!
[HELP] Loss Of video in the App

Above, people complaining about problems with Apple devices and did not have to go far to find. There are hundreds, thousands around ...
Dji is in a comfortable position with this war because instead of the users getting together and complaining about better software they are at war one saying that the problem is the phone of the other!
The clear proof that the problem is of DJI is the fact that all softwares that use the API of DJI presents many problems !!! Looking at other applications that control drones from other companies we can see that DJI applications get the lowest grades and the biggest complaints!

Dji is in a comfortable position with this war because instead of the users getting together and complaining about better software they are at war one saying that the problem is the phone of the other!
The clear proof that the problem is of DJI is the fact that all softwares that use the API of DJI presents many problems !!! Looking at other applications that control drones from other companies we can see that DJI applications get the lowest grades and the biggest complaints!

This is surely one thing we all agree on...

Deletes half the quoted post in opposition to claims of apple owners being dicks. lol
"Dingbat", "tosser" and now a "****"...hmm, not sure if that's an upward or downward movement.

Attachments

• droid.JPG
    droid.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: Obecny
Can't we just get along........ lol
I appreciate all the constructive feedback. The Ford/Chevy debate will never change, for me I am just glad to have choices in the market unlike when it comes to drones. DJI for what we use them for is way above any other manufacturer trying to compete. I just hope someone else comes along to at least give us options no matter who I choose.

For some odd reason ;) I want to get an android device that is stable for the Mavic but will also fit in the holder with no additional gadgets. The ipad fits like it was made for it. Any suggestions???
I went through a few different tablets, and realized that a tablet is nowhere near as powerful as a cell phone. This is why tablets can be purchased for $79 and cell phones are $500. So in order to find a tablet that had the horsepower that I wanted, I simply searched for the most powerful Android tablet and came up with the Huawei mediapad. It was not cheap, the 7-inch version was about $350 but it's absolutely Rock Solid and fits in the holder perfectly without any additional accessories. I did buy a couple of right angle USB cables to connect it which word shoot and work awesome. Everything fits in the case nicely and I have been using it for a year with no problem at all

I went through a few different tablets, and realized that a tablet is nowhere near as powerful as a cell phone. This is why tablets can be purchased for $79 and cell phones are $500. So in order to find a tablet that had the horsepower that I wanted, I simply searched for the most powerful Android tablet and came up with the Huawei mediapad. It was not cheap, the 7-inch version was about $350 but it's absolutely Rock Solid and fits in the holder perfectly without any additional accessories. I did buy a couple of right angle USB cables to connect it which word shoot and work awesome. Everything fits in the case nicely and I have been using it for a year with no problem at all

So you have the 7" version? Do you think the 8.4" would fit or is the 7" really tight?
appreciate the feedback

I was initially using my Android S7 phone and it would occasionally crash. Plus the smaller screen wasn't easy to see controls and video.
I found a iPad mini 4 (64gb) at gamestop.com and ordered one for $224 (right!?). I assumed I'd get one that smelled like cigarette smoke and scratched, blemished but since it was going to be dedicated to the Mavic, I was going to be ok with that. If you are interested in gamestop.com you have to watch (almost hourly) because they come and go fast!
I got one that was in pristine shape, no scratches or blemishes that I can see. Looks new to me.
This is the best upgrade so far. It fits into the holder PERFECTLY and nice and snug and the display is large enough to fly the drone by watching the video. The controls on the screen are much easier to see (numbers especially). I am very impressed and consider this my most important accessory.
This all coming from an Android fan who owns about 11 android devices (tablets & phones).
What is it with you ipad guys. The OP doesn't want an iPad. He had an iPad and didn't like it. He wants an Android. Read the thread title.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_