DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No camera view on phone!

Fordman

Reactions
Hello to all. I am new to the drone world and after doing quite a bit of research I decided to purchase a new Mavic Pro. After unboxing and charging the R/C and the Mavic batteries, I downloaded the DJI GO 4 app and powered everything up. Immediately I got a message stating to update the firmware, so I did. Everything is working fine... except I have no camera view from the Mavic to my I phone 6. I have tried the side cable and the USB port on the bottom using my lightning cable. Also I have tried deleting the app, and then reinstalling it. Still no camera view. Please Help!!!

Did you unplugged the side cable on RC before using the USB jack to connect your device?
Not sure that would help but worth a try.

Hello to all. I am new to the drone world and after doing quite a bit of research I decided to purchase a new Mavic Pro. After unboxing and charging the R/C and the Mavic batteries, I downloaded the DJI GO 4 app and powered everything up. Immediately I got a message stating to update the firmware, so I did. Everything is working fine... except I have no camera view from the Mavic to my I phone 6. I have tried the side cable and the USB port on the bottom using my lightning cable. Also I have tried deleting the app, and then reinstalling it. Still no camera view. Please Help!!!
Have you tried a different cable? Are you receiving telemetry information on your iPhone? Check the exposure settings.

Sorry to ask a basic question, but when you say everything is working fine, does that mean that you can start the motors and fly? If you can, ignore my question....but if you can't, have you registered the drone with DJI by logging in to your account?

Have you tried a different cable? Are you receiving telemetry information on your iPhone? Check the exposure settings.
I have tried using my iphone cable and plugging into the USB port on the bottom of the R/C.
Yes I am receiving the telemetry information on my phone screen, just not the camera view... only black screen where camera view should be.
What should I look for on the exposure settings? Thanks

Sorry to ask a basic question, but when you say everything is working fine, does that mean that you can start the motors and fly? If you can, ignore my question....but if you can't, have you registered the drone with DJI by logging in to your account?
Yes I can fly the drone, I just have no camera view.

My mavic had issues around the .700 firmware update just to give the time frame. Does the gimbal calibrate when you start it? If not you may have the problem my mavic had.
I had issue with no camera feed video or stills. Plus no gimbal movement. I was super frustrated and couldn't get it working.
I sent it back to dji and they were going to charge me to repair a gimbal motor or something like that, it had failed. I also had a dust spot in my camera footage before the camera feed stopped working but totally separate to the problem. Funny thing is they sent me back a completely different drone without admitting it because all the mark it used to have had disappeared ;). The screw heads had been undone though so i guess it was a refurbished model.
Hope this helps and good luck.

I have the exact same issue. For a month I have been trying to figure this out. Now it’s too late to return my drone to Best Buy.

DJI clearly has bugs and quality issues.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan