DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Android user x IOS app

cyrocasabona

Reactions
I am new user of MP and I am using DJI go for Android. Unfortunately it freezes all the time and loses contact with the drone. Is IOS more stable? Is it worth investing in buying a mini ipad or Iphone to use with my MP?

Reactions: cyrocasabona
A small tablet or large phone only used for Mavic is a bit of a luxury but nice way to proceed.
There are plenty of Android devices work without problems too.

Is IOS more stable? Is it worth investing in buying a mini ipad or Iphone to use with my MP?
Apple devices in general work very well. I think it's mostly because there are only a handful of supported devices and it's not possible to run DJI GO on devices that aren't supported. Also, most Apple devices work okay as-is right out of the box.

There are a ton of Android devices. Most are either not supported by DJI or are not known to work well with DJI GO (see my list here). If you are running a supported device, then you might just need to tweak the settings or get it on an OS that is known to work well (Nougat does not play well with DJI GO on some devices).

Apple devices in general work very well. I think it's mostly because there are only a handful of supported devices and it's not possible to run DJI GO on devices that aren't supported. Also, most Apple devices work okay as-is right out of the box.

There are a ton of Android devices. Most are either not supported by DJI or are not known to work well with DJI GO (see my list here). If you are running a supported device, then you might just need to tweak the settings or get it on an OS that is known to work well (Nougat does not play well with DJI GO on some devices).

I'm using a Motorola Moto X 2nd generation, (XT 1097), running Android Victara 6.0

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi