DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone use the MavMount for iPad?

I thought I would be able to remove the base easily so I could put it in my bag (store it flat). I haven't been able to try it out yet (snow, snow, snow), probably next week. Looking forward to using my iPad mini instead of the phone.

Hey Chet, when i travel, if you're using the real small included DJI bag, I put it like this, flat. The clamp is just "straight up". I've hiked a mountain with it like this with no problem.It keeps it real low profile.

Also, the iPad fits in the big pocket in front if you don't zip the top... so that's what I do. Hope this helps with maybe one idea. :)

20161224_134508.jpg

I'd buy a mavmount if they offered a wider plate option. I'd prefer the palm rests to be wider like a video game controller.

IMG_5392.JPG I just clip in the iPad , pretty simple and easy to use and see , without any extra mounts .You just need a short iPad lead to connect to the remote not shown in pic .The Mav mount looks good but it's getting away from the simplicity of the Mavic and why I sold my Inspire. I'm trying to reduce my kit , not add to it. IMHO

Last edited:
Reactions: jointeffort
So the MavMount doesn't block the antennas but it does block the screen. I'm still waiting on my Mavic to arrive but why would you want to block the screen of the controller. Aren't there things on that screen you will need to see while flying?

There is nothing on the Mavic controller screen you need other than what is on the iPad. Think "flying with the Inspire 1" and you have the MavMount Mavic setup, basically. In other words, there's nothing on the Inspire 1 controller at all...everything you need is on the iPad.

I have the MavMount, and love it!

Reactions: Aerial West
The horizontal speeds displayed in the app on the tablet were/are 50% too high, while on the Mavic display, they were/are accurate. Has this been fixed? The Mavic display of telemetry on a sunlight readable display allows you to concentrate on the FPV view of the iPad full screen, without the cluttering of the telemetry. Good reasons to have both visible simultaneously.

The horizontal speeds displayed in the app on the tablet were/are 50% too high, while on the Mavic display, they were/are accurate. Has this been fixed? The Mavic display of telemetry on a sunlight readable display allows you to concentrate on the FPV view of the iPad full screen, without the cluttering of the telemetry. Good reasons to have both visible simultaneously.

This mount allows visual access to both screens simultaneously.
20161221_115746672_iOS.jpg 20161221_115746672_iOS.jpg FullSizeRender 1.jpg FullSizeRender 2.jpg FullSizeRender 3.jpg FullSizeRender.jpg

Reactions: jointeffort
I ordered and received the MavMount mount and used it one day on several flights
and did not like it very much.

I used it with a iPad Mini 4 with a Hoodman sun shield.

It is well made and sturdy but the tablet with a Hoodman is not held
securely enough. I feel the mount that secures the tablet should have
been a bit wider to keep the tablet from flopping around.

Without the sun shield it probably would have been adequate.

Also it adds a lot of weight and makes a lanyard a necessity after several flights.

It just felt awkward and loose sitting over the RC and blocking the screen.

In the end I like the way the RC holds the iPad Mini better as it
feels more comfortable and secure to hold and lighter.

Hi, what's the weight of the MavMount?

After using the MavMount for a day I went back to my original setup.

iPad 4 with Hoodman mounted to the RC, smaller, lighter and very secure.

2016-12-09 10.48.10.jpg

I have ordered the DirtyJDesigns mount for my iPad Air 2, checking out the Mavmount but it would fist $140 Australian to get one, so I decided I won't get a Mavmount.

I love this one. Do you have a link to purchase it?
That's the one that falls over... totally unbalanced, and uses rubber bands to clamp.

With

They read the exact same information here. How'd you see differences, or if that's the case, know which was correct?

Received the MavMount today, and as a manufacturing equipment maintenance/amateur machinist guy I can say this tablet holder mount is rock solid holding my iPad air 2. The Aluminum base plate and pivot post all CNC aluminum, the tablet holder can mount the tablet 2 different ways and is made of some kind of quality plastic material that has a nice latching mechanism and holds firm. The overall balance of the controller and iPad is natural and not clunky. I first bought the SKYRET tablet mount holder from amazon and it was all cheap plastic and could barely hold the iPad in place, I didn't trust and tossed it on my garage junk pile. I also ordered a iPad stand alone holder and was going to attempt a DIY thing but found this and said forget that also. You couldn't make this yourself for what you can buy it for and trust me I have access to the machines that do.

Wow, thanks for the review!

@Aerial West, not sure where you are on the shipping, ordered on the 21st, no shipping notice so I assume you have a long list, and I just live up the road from you :) Any idea when you will get the backorder cleared?

They read the exact same information here. How'd you see differences, or if that's the case, know which was correct?
As I wrote, it was documented by early users, and may have been fixed since. It was quite obvious, as the app speeds were 50% higher, at speeds the aircraft isn't capable of!

I ordered the more expensive MavMount, expecting to get it within a few days, so I could use it immediately, as the other device is taking 2-3 weeks to get. Looks like they are now both badly backordered! :(

Reactions: superdave5050
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LMcVetty