DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery charging from other sources

Joymaker

Reactions
I recently bought my Mavic Air and I envision taking it on the road trips. That means I really want to charge the batteries while on the road, since each one lasts only a small fraction of the time I would want in a day! So I want SOME solution other than plugging into 120V AC.

Some time ago I bought a big storage battery, intended for recharging laptops, cell phones, etc. Can deliver up to around 18 V. Could I use this to charge my intelligent flight battery? Are any such adapters available?

You should get a 12v to 120v converter that plugs into your car. they are common

The Mavic Pro car charger will not fit MA batteries, however there is a separate car charger for the MA available on DJI.com

Mophie also make a battery pack with a standard a/c plug. I noticed the youtuber iJustine using it to charge her Mavic Air while out flying in her video review

Reactions: dbo
There are a lot of products that do the "power bank with the AC outlet" thing. I'd really look into the technicals on those.

First, it's *incredibly* inefficient (e.g. there is so much loss from DC battery -> AC -> DC adapter to charger), if you at all can just do DC - DC *do it* (e.g. get the 12V DC car charger on DJI.com and even if you just have to use alligator clips to attach it to a DC battery like a car battery or other 12V source [make sure there's a fuse on it :)], you're WAY better off).

Second, nearly all of those "portable AC plugs" are really, really bad power. They are Modified Sine Wave inverters, they generate incredibly dirty power and I wouldn't hook up anything I care about to them.

The Mavic Pro car charger will not fit MA batteries, however there is a separate car charger for the MA available on DJI.com

Mophie also make a battery pack with a standard a/c plug. I noticed the youtuber iJustine using it to charge her Mavic Air while out flying in her video review

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet