DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Buy Orders

I think I actually found an Apple store that has some in stock. Waiting for a pickup text confirmation.

Thank You, thank you, THANK YOU!!! I was able to snag one at the 5th Avenue store via telephone. Order confirmed and ready for pickup. I am having a friend pick up today and I will have it in hand tomorrow night! Not a moment too soon, Less than 24 hours before I leave on a trip for Australia! I had long since given up hope!

Did I say Thank You?!?

I can now cancel 3 other orders, LOL.

Now if anyone can get me an extra battery by tomorrow...

Reactions: schpenxel
Thank You, thank you, THANK YOU!!! I was able to snag one at the 5th Avenue store via telephone. Order confirmed and ready for pickup. I am having a friend pick up today and I will have it in hand tomorrow night! Not a moment too soon, Less than 24 hours before I leave on a trip for Australia! I had long since given up hope!

Did I say Thank You?!?

I can now cancel 3 other orders, LOL.

Now if anyone can get me an extra battery by tomorrow...
You're welcome...glad it all worked out!

Sorry to jump ship....but I check the Apple store and the Aventura store in Miami had one, so I bought it! Pick up tonight, confirmed!

I kept my BB order and I'm going to give it to another forum member so he can get one sooner (assuming it really comes on the 30th) :)

e5c44f240e39986ce1ccd043b8a73185.jpg

Thank you!! Just unboxed it. Nyc Apple Store

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: schpenxel and JimA
My BB dates have changed again. Was supposed to Nov 15 for one, Nov 24 for the other. Today, the 15th changed to OUT OF STOCK. Not even a release date anymore. Other one is still NOV 23rd....NOT going to happen. Called them and they now state ON BAC ORDER, no known date available. I have come to the conclusion that all DJI orders will be delivered before BB even gets theirs, and then BB US will fulfill all theirs, THEN maybe CANADA, SO, I am guessing mine will arrive by spring 2017. Ah, well, it is snowing here this a.m. so ...... probably wouldn't get to fly it anyway. So much for BB, I will be shopping elsewhere from now on. I did write a BB Mavic review....will see if it gets accepted.
Ok, so I sent message to BB head office re my orders and what does the out of stock status mean. Here's what they said: I am so done with them.

Attachments

• IMG_0499.JPG
    IMG_0499.JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 67
Cancelled my Best Buy order today that I placed on October 17 and got one from Apple Store 5th Ave. First time I see one, it's so small!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Cancelled my Best Buy order today that I placed on October 17 and got one from Apple Store 5th Ave. First time I see one, it's so small!

On very the day the P4 Pro is announced! :p
If you are droning for images and video quality, you might want to return it for a P4 Pro preorder! 20MP 1" sensor, ISO 12800 stills, ISO 6400 4k video at 60 fps and 100Mbs, 13 fps stills! What's not to like? :D

On very the day the P4 Pro is announced! :p
If you are droning for images and video quality, you might want to return it for a P4 Pro preorder! 20MP 1" sensor, ISO 12800 stills, ISO 6400 4k video at 60 fps and 100Mbs, 13 fps stills! What's not to like? :D

Something you can literally put in your pocket, and that still offers excellent image quality, is exactly what I want. I have the P3 Pro and have found myself using it less and less because it's so bulky. Will probably end up getting the P4 Pro soon too, just not really what I'm after right now.

Different markets, of course.

I bet one day there's an upgraded Mavic with the features of the P4 pro.. but not today.

So close though.. seems totally doable to me.

Something you can literally put in your pocket, and that still offers excellent image quality, is exactly what I want. I have the P3 Pro and have found myself using it less and less because it's so bulky. Will probably end up getting the P4 Pro soon too, just not really what I'm after right now.

Agree about the bulkiness of the P3P. I have three of them, and the P4 is still getting all the flight time! The twist on removable props are a real benefit to handling and portability on the P4, and the camera lens is a bit sharper and has better dynamic range than the P3P. The P4 Pro camera capabilities now will blow any P3P or P4 away, and the camera has really been the weak part of the Phantom line, until now! It's like a 40MP Nikon D810 compared to a 24MP D7200. 20MP v. 12 MP. No more ND filters needed for video with the adjustable aperture to f/11 (4 stops is ND16!). ISO 12,800 for stills on the P4 Pro v. 1600 on the P3P and P4! 6400 ISO for 4k video at 60 fps and 100 mbs! :D Mavic is just a more portable P4. P4 Pro is a huge jump in image quality for a few more shekels than the P4! If I can get my hands on a P4 Pro before either of my Mavic preorders, that will be my first choice! :cool:

Last edited:
Well, in case anyone wanted an update...I strolled into the Apple Store tonight and picked up a Mavic Pro.

Background: At about 2:45 PM today, I saw someone post on here that they picked one up at the Apple Store in New York and another person in Orlando Florida. So I went online to apple.com and checked the local Apple stores in South Florida and to my surprise there was one available for pick up in Aventura. So I quickly bought it and within minutes got a text message confirming the pick up. Went to the store, in and out in about two minutes, Mavic in hand.

Finally all this madness is over and I have one. Hopefully it lives up to all the hype and my expectations.

Attachments

• IMG_1724.JPG
    IMG_1724.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
Well, in case anyone wanted an update...I strolled into the Apple Store tonight and picked up a Mavic Pro.

Background: At about 2:45 PM today, I saw someone post on here that they picked one up at the Apple Store in New York and another person in Orlando Florida. So I went online to apple.com and checked the local Apple stores in South Florida and to my surprise there was one available for pick up in Aventura. So I quickly bought it and within minutes got a text message confirming the pick up. Went to the store, in and out in about two minutes, Mavic in hand.

Finally all this madness is over and I have one. Hopefully it lives up to all the hype and my expectations.

Apparently you got the other of the two they received... My buddy picked his up from Aventura last night.

Apparently you got the other of the two they received... My buddy picked his up from Aventura last night.

Honestly, I was shocked it was still available! But hey, I'm happy now :)

Unboxed and did all the updates last night. Tonight I'm going to methodically go through all the settings and check/change to my liking. And this weekend hopefully get a chance to fly it.

To echo what so many others have said, it's SO SMALL! I was surprised.

I'd cancel my BB order and pick one up too if they had any at all in the state of Texas but every **** store shows January 13 as the next available date....

Even if they have 1 it will show up like that

The problem is, it's proving to be difficult getting a hold of someone in the store to check inventory. Every time I call, it takes me to some central office for sales/customer support. They refuse to transfer me to the store. Eh... the wait continues.

Reactions: Jazx83
Say manager and see if that does it. Someone else got that to work to get them to the actual store

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Olga