DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care Refresh Disapointment

telecam

Reactions
A few days ago, I sent a Mavic Pro for replacement under DJI Care Refresh plan. The service states a 3-4 day turnaround for aircraft repair or replacement, mine has been stuck in repair status for now 10 days. Althgouh DJI covers shipping both ways, this is done through UPS ground service with no option to speed that up. Surprisingly, they only have one service center and it's on the west coast. If located on the east coast, R/T shipping adds two weeks to the service timeline . By subscribing to DJI Care Refresh, I was under the impression that we are placed on priority status and that best efforts were made to tighten the repair/exchange timeline. Obviously, not the case. Attached is my repair timeline current status.

Attachments

• DJI Care.JPG
    DJI Care.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 678
Reactions: SoloShot and rowdy1
I live in California and the total time was about 10 days including shipping (2 days each way). By far, the bottleneck is UPS but I was happy with their actual quick replacement time. Possible solution is to upgrade shipping.

I just sent mine in, on the east coast as well. Hope it doesn't take this long.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I live in California and the total time was about 10 days including shipping (2 days each way). By far, the bottleneck is UPS but I was happy with their actual quick replacement time. Possible solution is to upgrade shipping.

I wish that'd be an option (upgrade shipping).

Reactions: SoloShot
DJI needs to outsource their repair and customer service departments. Perhaps other drone repair companies will start taking their business.

A few days ago, I sent a Mavic Pro for replacement under DJI Care Refresh plan. The service states a 3-4 day turnaround for aircraft repair or replacement, mine has been stuck in repair status for now 10 days. Althgouh DJI covers shipping both ways, this is done through UPS ground service with no option to speed that up. Surprisingly, they only have one service center and it's on the west coast. If located on the east coast, R/T shipping adds two weeks to the service timeline . By subscribing to DJI Care Refresh, I was under the impression that we are placed on priority status and that best efforts were made to tighten the repair/exchange timeline. Obviously, not the case. Attached is my repair timeline current status.

I've noticed DJI seems to be copying Apple, from the product launch, adverts, presentation & packaging.. unfortunately they are no way near to the service which Apple provides (at least from what I've been reading here in MP)... they need to lift their game up big time!

Windy version:
The reports on deliveries of new MP's, service (warranty), parts and DJI Care Refresh are all over the map timewise. To me it's a mix of DJI's poor customer service generally, the huge response to the MP and difficulty at DJI to make and deliver parts to the assembly line, repair line and customers has made for highly variable performance in all channels.

Short version: it's a time lottery.

I've noticed DJI seems to be copying Apple, from the product launch, adverts, presentation & packaging.. unfortunately they are no way near to the service which Apple provides (at least from what I've been reading here in MP)... they need to lift their game up big time!

I don't think DJI's bench is anywhere as deep as Apple's.

Note that I went through "touch disease" with Apple, and while they shipped me a replacement before I shipped the damaged phone in, I still had to pay a full replacement cost for a "damaged" phone (about CAD$480). Then when they went into "repair" mode for the "issue", it took about 2 months to get the refund of the difference between the new "repair" bill and what I had paid in the first round. (Not that getting the money was an urgent thing - but the above took a lot of phone time in both rounds).

So, Apple is great - but far from smooth when it comes to claims.

Reactions: Jase1125
I don't think DJI's bench is anywhere as deep as Apple's.

Note that I went through "touch disease" with Apple, and while they shipped me a replacement before I shipped the damaged phone in, I still had to pay a full replacement cost for a "damaged" phone (about CAD$480). Then when they went into "repair" mode for the "issue", it took about 2 months to get the refund of the difference between the new "repair" bill and what I had paid in the first round. (Not that getting the money was an urgent thing - but the above took a lot of phone time in both rounds).

So, Apple is great - but far from smooth when it comes to claims.

I am not aware how Apple deals in Canada, but here in Australia things are usually settled within 2-3 days for non-warranty cases & if you have APP+ (similar to DJI's refresh) it's done within 1-2 business days and replacing an iPhone (under APP+) for screen damage is just AU$45 and AU$ 149 for all other damage.

Also, all Apple products sold in Australia carry one year warranty & the second year is also covered under consumer law (same warranty procedures apply).

Looking into DJI's case, they don't even seem to be giving a quick turnaround time which they promise under DJI Refresh.

DJI should hire Apple employees. Outsourcing cost money. It's probably cheaper and faster to just replace the Mavic. I think the demand is so great that it causes a bottleneck. I'd like to know how many Mavics are sent in because of crashes vs defects.

Reactions: Pushpak
I am not aware how Apple deals in Canada, but here in Australia things are usually settled within 2-3 days for non-warranty cases & if you have APP+ (similar to DJI's refresh) it's done within 1-2 business days and replacing an iPhone (under APP+) for screen damage is just AU$45 and AU$ 149 for all other damage.

Also, all Apple products sold in Australia carry one year warranty & the second year is also covered under consumer law (same warranty procedures apply).

Looking into DJI's case, they don't even seem to be giving a quick turnaround time which they promise under DJI Refresh.

Like I said, Apple never left me in the lurch w/o a phone. It just (a) took a lot of phone time and (b) more phone time to get the refund a few months later.

As to DJI I believe they're simply having growing pains and difficulty matching intent, ability and actual delivery.

That's not comforting to those caught with a broken bird or hashing through a support communication with DJI, ... but that's the state of things and it will likely be a few years before DJI have a smoothly running support/warranty/repair system. Competition will help that.

Currently engaged in dji Refresh case. The very day it arrived they assessed and sent me in invoice for replacement. Wow! I was impressed at how fast it was.... then.... it's been going on two weeks waiting for the new one to ship. Which is extra irritating since on their website it says guaranteed shipping within 3 days!.... here i sit waiting:(

Currently engaged in dji Refresh case. The very day it arrived they assessed and sent me in invoice for replacement. Wow! I was impressed at how fast it was.... then.... it's been going on two weeks waiting for the new one to ship. Which is extra irritating since on their website it says guaranteed shipping within 3 days!.... here i sit waiting:(

Same exact issue here. Repair completed and testing had completed over two weeks ago now. Since then, no news.

I'm on the East Coast so UPS Ground will take time but I should be able to get at least a shipping estimate out of them.

It's bad enough to consider a backup Mavic unit just so you would have something to use while the original unit is being serviced.

Comparing DJI to Apple is only valid in terms of the quality and care that went into designing and making the end product. When it comes to DJI customer service they are no better than any "Wun Hung Lo" Chinese company that I have dealt with and I have dealt with lots of them first hand.

Straight from the horses mouth during many conversations:

1) Spoiled American just cannot wait.

2) Why you have a problem, it soon be weady

3) We already have your money so rushing to lose money on a repair not good for business.

4) So it have some scratches, it still work ok.

5) Why you care about the way the box look? Your customers going to use the Box for something?

6) Yes we have that in stock!...
Two Weeks later, "where is the shipment"
Oh we nu have dat in stock but we ship out soon.

7) I would like to order item number 9631 do you have it?
"No we nu have 9631".
Do you have 9633?
"uh Nu we nu have 9633".
OK which one of these items do you have?
"We have all items, just send me an email okay"
Okay ???

8) Has the shipment been shipped?
"Oh yes it ship"
So why has no one sent us the information?
"I get them look for it and fax it"
(The next day) Did you Fax the information because I have not received it!
"Shipment soon be shipped out, Fax you then"
WTF??

In China saying yes and committing to something does not mean the same thing that it does in America. I cannot even tell you what it means. The closest thing I can compare it to is that Yes means Maybe when i get the time and feel like doing it and if someone more important comes along i will give him your stuff. Therefore money being withheld until delivery and using multiple competing companies with a strict policy of first come is the only one who gets future orders is the only way we have found to deal with this mentality.
One thing is consistent, money is the universal language.
Don't even get me started on "guanxi" and the tangled web that it entails if your going to have any kind of honesty in conversations.

DJI is now in the seat of absolute power in the Drone world. that is a position that Chinese companies rarely enjoy. I really hope they grow past the Chinese way of doing business. If they don't they will never get much further. Catering to Drone fanatics like us is easy but to expand the market is going to require real customer support. My hope is that they out source this to an American company like Apple and let them run the support section without Chinese intervention or doctrine.

Rob

Last edited:
I bought into the dji Care Refresh as well and have had to give them a swift kick in the butt at every step so far. It was sent in February the 8th and repaired and ready to be sent back Feb 15th. I called them today asking why it had not been shipped back yet they said to give them till next week.

From a UK perspective, we have been way behind the US with supplies of the Mavic but that is easing now buuuuuut... DJI have now run out replacement Mavics in their European repair centre. I sent mine back at the beginning of last week and have now been told that new stocks won't be in their service centre for 2 to 4 days so I guess if that transpires into reality, the whole process will have taken around 3 weeks. Still not too bad I guess..

Reactions: Mayoor-uk
I'm off to Iceland in 3 weeks time so I hope I'll have mine back in time to test and confirm all is good in reasonable time. I weighed up a possible delay but having a camera without an out focus area won through given the impending trip. Maybe that was wrong, we'll see..

DJI europe received my mavic on monday due to the well known out of focus in the lower right problem yet it still shows as not arrived, beyond disappointed with my entire mavic experience :(

Attachments

• dji repair.jpg
    dji repair.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 143
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky