DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care Refresh Disapointment

Mine is being delivered today. It was a full month turn around. That was with refresh. It appears that i'm getting a new one. Checked the new serial number and it states that my new one was manufactured on March 15. There is nothing fast about this process.
Where do you check when a serial number was manufactured?

According to DJI's "Repair Progress" website, my Mavic is now "waiting for shipping confirmation" and I'm supposed to "wait patiently" until they find time to ship it. Ah....right. Then, I'll 'wait patiently' as the mule train also known as 'UPS Ground' plods across the country with it.

It's really slower than a turtle out back taking a dump. In [emoji300]️ winter[emoji851]

Friday morning, "it'll take a day" to get it ready to ship. Monday night, "it'll take a day" to get it ready. This is a "working day", mind you. So, of course, I'm wondering: do the guys at DJI just work when they feel like it?

On Friday, 4/14, the DJI website said it would take "1 working day" to ship a Mavic back to me. I thought that meant they'd ship it Friday or - at the latest - Monday. I should have known better.

Today, 4/18, I called DJI. After waiting 30 minutes, a nervous-sounding man with limited English language skills told me that my replacement Mavic would probably ship within 3 to 5 business days. He explained that this was a good deal for me, because DJI is taking that time to do a quality check on the replacement, to be sure it works. (What a concept!) When I asked whether I could pay extra and get faster return shipping, the answer was, "no".

It's been 5 weeks and one day since I sent my Mavic to DJI for "refresh" service. The replacement is supposed to arrive today, via UPS ground. As far as I could determine, UPS Ground service, with signature requirement, means I have to be here. I'd like to have it delivered to the local UPS store, so I can pick it up - there's no way to do that.

I live in California and the total time was about 10 days including shipping (2 days each way). By far, the bottleneck is UPS but I was happy with their actual quick replacement time. Possible solution is to upgrade shipping.
The problem is battery can only be shipped by ground.

Note that DJI doesn't allow their "Care Refresh" to be transferred. You would have to get another new Refresh after making a detailed video of your used drone. And it's not cheap, $99 to start and $79 for the first claim.

State Farm coverage doesn't apply to the first year! Coverage starts the SECOND year!

Your home owners policy will cover the drone regardless if you have it or not. But check your deductible and any "hit" on your policy may increase your insurance rates in the future!

I just sent mine in, on the east coast as well. Hope it doesn't take this long.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I just sent mine from Boston 2 weeks ago and including shipping had it back in my hands exactly 8 days later (not business days). I was actually pleased with DJI this time. I don't know if everyone sends them to the same place but mine went to Texas.

Mine is going on 9 weeks now
UPS lost mine and it’s taking that long for a claim
And to this day I still don’t know what’s going to happen

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne