DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care Refresh Disapointment

I feel your pain, in case youre interested I did a full review and what to expect video on my channel;)

Skip to 9:57 for my final thoughts.

Thanks! Good video. After filling out the return form, I was under the impression that I should only send DJI the drone - no battery, no controller, no props. (My battery case was cracked and my props were shattered.) . Now, I think I'll double-check with DJI before I ship it.

Thanks! Good video. After filling out the return form, I was under the impression that I should only send DJI the drone - no battery, no controller, no props. (My battery case was cracked and my props were shattered.) . Now, I think I'll double-check with DJI before I ship it.

As mentioned in the video just be sure to be thorough. So that they have "no chance" of missing an item through the process. List EVERYTHING ;)

As mentioned in the video just be sure to be thorough. So that they have "no chance" of missing an item through the process. List EVERYTHING ;)
Just received an email from DJI. They wanted me to confirm exactly what I was going to send them. This meant I had to confirm what I SHOULD send them. Did they need the controller? Should I send the cracked battery? Etc, etc. According to the service rep on their chat site, I just need to send the drone body. Now, I'm waiting for the shipping info. It's been 24 hours.

As I packed the drone for return to DJI, I found this cute little card that touts "DJI Care Refresh". It makes several specious claims, like: "With DJI Care, you will receive a prioritized replacement service, greatly reducing waiting time."

2 day wait for a shipping label +4-day shipping to CA + 4-day shipping back + 10 business days at DJI = 3 - 4 weeks, (including weekends). If that's "prioritized", what's "slow as molasses"?

Compared to actual professional service (like Canon), this is a farce.

Just received an email from DJI. They wanted me to confirm exactly what I was going to send them. This meant I had to confirm what I SHOULD send them. Did they need the controller? Should I send the cracked battery? Etc, etc. According to the service rep on their chat site, I just need to send the drone body. Now, I'm waiting for the shipping info. It's been 24 hours.
As I packed the drone for return to DJI, I found this cute little card that touts "DJI Care Refresh". It makes several specious claims, like: "With DJI Care, you will receive a prioritized replacement service, greatly reducing waiting time."

2 day wait for a shipping label +4-day shipping to CA + 4-day shipping back + 10 business days at DJI = 3 - 4 weeks, (including weekends). If that's "prioritized", what's "slow as molasses"?

Yes the process is definately in need of refinement but I believe it still comes down to stocking issues. But Dji's customer support is getting better so hopefully in the future these kinds of issues are slowly taken care of. Until then I am just happy to have a new drone after destroying my old one! lol

Seems DJI continues to live up to their poor service reputation. I called DJI and got approval to return my brand new Mavic for replacement due to their acknowledged gimbal manufacturing defect. They received it March 9th. On March 13, I was told to allow 5-7 more days before they shipped replcement. I have continued to follow up both by email and phone. Each time, I have been told to be patient and wait to hear from them. My efforts to escalate have fallen on deaf ears. Im quite sure they prefer to ship new revenue units vs replacing an already paid for one. A very short sided strategy. NOT HAPPY IN AUSTIN, TEXAS!

I waited FIVE weeks for my DJI Care Refresh to be refreshed back to me. It was a daily slog of constantly calling the Filipino customer service center and begging them to give me info...infuriating. There is no "priority service" for Care Refresh customers.

Let's face it folks, DJI has the worst customer service on the planet. They get the money and that's where the customer care stops. It will come back to bite them in the Azz some day soon.

Reactions: terryd
I have found that they're not all new replacements. My replacement was DOA. DJI says they're out of replacement drones. So I have to wait. I hope I'm not waiting on another crappy refurb.

Sent from my SM-G920V using MavicPilots mobile app
They're out of replacement drones, but they sure as heII seem to have new ones for new sales to ship out.

Update: Sent mine in on the 16th. Got "repair quote" today. I have the Refresh warranty, so I paid $80, instead of the $400 it would have cost. Now, the website tells me it'll take a day to verify payment. (They use UPS ground shipping, and the slowest payment verification on the planet.) There's a little message on their payment page that says, "be patient". I think they ought to use that in their advertising. "DJI - Be Patient"

3 weeks since I sent the Mavic in for "Refresh" priority service. It's supposedly "under repair", which is supposed to take 3-4 days. Seems like complete BS, because the repair invoice said they're going to send me a refurbished unit. So "under repair" must mean "out of stock". At any rate, according to their estimate, it'll be at least a week before I see a Mavic in my mailbox. So, the "Priority" service they promised takes a month, or more.

I can chime in throughly on this subject.
I've got a whole video log of my entire experience. However the two up top are the most current and summed up from getting back a beat up used fly more kit to DJI reaching out clacking me and making things right with a new set up.

They are for sure overwhelmed. They are getting 300 or so mavics in a week or possible a day. I can't recall to be honest which it was. And those are just mavics.

A ton of first time users crashing and sending them in for repair. They were not prepared at all. Myself and many seem to see the big problem is the disconnect between support and the repair centers.

Anyway. Check them out. They even sent me a free battery after my first issue. So far so good with the current replacement.

Mavic Pro Drunken Horizon Issues - YouTubeMavic Pro Drunken Horizon Issues - YouTube

3 weeks since I sent the Mavic in for "Refresh" priority service. It's supposedly "under repair", which is supposed to take 3-4 days. Seems like complete BS, because the repair invoice said they're going to send me a refurbished unit. So "under repair" must mean "out of stock". At any rate, according to their estimate, it'll be at least a week before I see a Mavic in my mailbox. So, the "Priority" service they promised takes a month, or more.

Yes this seems to be most correct in what to expect. Now just pray its a working unit when it comes:)

I can chime in throughly on this subject.
I've got a whole video log of my entire experience. However the two up top are the most current and summed up from getting back a beat up used fly more kit to DJI reaching out clacking me and making things right with a new set up.

They are for sure overwhelmed. They are getting 300 or so mavics in a week or possible a day. I can't recall to be honest which it was. And those are just mavics.

A ton of first time users crashing and sending them in for repair. They were not prepared at all. Myself and many seem to see the big problem is the disconnect between support and the repair centers.

Anyway. Check them out. They even sent me a free battery after my first issue. So far so good with the current replacement.

Mavic Pro Drunken Horizon Issues - YouTubeMavic Pro Drunken Horizon Issues - YouTube

Wow buddy I feel your pain... It took me 5 weeks to get mine back but they returned everything I sent and I received a new drone from Carson. But the 5 weeks alone was painful. The entire time I was worried whether I would recieve a working drone or not...

Agreed ^^^

I couldn't make up my mind whether to send mine back to DJI as I'm flying to Iceland in 3 weeks time and I didn't want a load of video with dodgy focus in it so I went for the repair. I've now ordered a replacement Mavic as it seems that I can't trust DJI not to take that amount of time to get me a Mavic back. I've got 30 days to return the new one so I'll have to make a decision soon whether to open the new one to make sure it's fully operational before I go. I'm not expecting to get back to Iceland in this lifetime so I can't leave the opportunity to chance.

If I do use the one I ordered today, I'll sell it on afterwards. Decisions, decisions..
Open all the boxes carefully from the bottom and then you can check if it works okay. If you do decide to send it back from where you got it the boxes will look unopened.

That's why I like Amazon Prime...I've never encountered any problem at all with sending something back opened, or unopened, used or unused. I have sent back at least 10 items in the last year with most of the returns because something didn't work like was claimed or in some cases it just didn't fit my needs. Never had to pay a restocking fee or was questioned. I was out the postage to send it back but with some items I received a link to print out a free return label. I do spend a lot of money at Amazon though since I live a ways from civilization and retail stores.

According to DJI's "Repair Progress" website, my Mavic is now "waiting for shipping confirmation" and I'm supposed to "wait patiently" until they find time to ship it. Ah....right. Then, I'll 'wait patiently' as the mule train also known as 'UPS Ground' plods across the country with it.

Reactions: duelingglove
Mine is being delivered today. It was a full month turn around. That was with refresh. It appears that i'm getting a new one. Checked the new serial number and it states that my new one was manufactured on March 15. There is nothing fast about this process.

Reactions: duelingglove

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omni_Aerial