DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI EMAIL 1/5 ORDER TODAY- SHIP BEFORE 1/18

I wanna kno what this 'new part' was they had issues with that caused part of the delay. Any1?

I suspect it is a different source for a part that they need in the production. Highly unlikely that they changed the design as that would entail major rework in production. Some will recall that the early communications entailed a parts shortage so this is not a new issue. In the end, demand far exceeded supply.

Reactions: jerryflah
I got the email too. I ordered from a distributor on October 25, 2016 and sat through several emails stating delays. I will cancel my order on Jan 18th. Autel Robotics has some pretty interesting drones coming out. One thing is clear: no more preorders. If it's not in stock then it's out of the equation.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

In the end, you would get it at the same time if not later because you were not in the queue. DJI fell short on communication and on taking 100% payment up front. Folks can handle that for a couple of weeks but not 9-10 or more that some of us encountered. Taking full payment with absolutely not idea when the product will come was a flaw. Other than that, we were/are all just in a queue to get a very (VERY) cool toy !

I ordere dec 26th and im now "picking order" but I ended up buying one off a friend lol

This thing is simply amazing! Flew some vids of my buisness today and made my first video.

I'm hoping to get the second one soon and give it to my brother who wants one badly.

Hopefully everyone waiting gets theirs soon!

461cade2dda87099cc50385d4ced1c47.jpg

Reactions: burtg and jerryflah
I got the email too. I ordered from a distributor on October 25, 2016 and sat through several emails stating delays. I will cancel my order on Jan 18th. Autel Robotics has some pretty interesting drones coming out. One thing is clear: no more preorders. If it's not in stock then it's out of the equation.

@dewster- I'm agree with you, not in stock ready to ship I'll wait. I wait 3 months with DW and gave up. Now according to the posts folks are still waiting and Dji is now claiming to ship by Jan 18.

Could also be a tracking type thing like google does. If you ever clicked the mavic link, had one in your cart etc. it emails you to tempt you..

BUYYYY MEEEE

BUYYYYYYY MEEEEEEEEE

Still seems wrong to me that they are shipping newly placed orders before orders already in the queue. That is just bad business regardless if they "expect" to be able to ship all orders by the 18th. I am starting to think you will see them on store shelves before some pre-orders are shipped. Problem is you probably won't see them on store shelves either as they will likely disappear as soon as they are there.

Reactions: dewster
One advantage on the wait may be that we will get the ones that have been as updated as they can be? We will see.

Well i cancelled my Amazon pre order and successfully ordered a new mavic from dji direct in hopes of getting my mavic much sooner. Im so happy about this! Waiting for 4-6 weeks made my stomach hurt.

Also, i was able to buy the care plus package this way for added peace of mind/crash replacement discount...

I'll report back what day it really shows up. I hope its even sooner

Good Luck

Also, I got an email with details about my dji care refresh that I purchased. It has the serial numbers for the aircraft and gimbal. It lists the service date period as 1/8/17 to 1/8/18. FedEx tracking shows it is on the way.
Great News

I ordered it 4 days ago the status still only says authorized. Sketchy.
You must have ordered one day befor "the email". I guessing that puts you in with the group with me and the others that seem to be "left out in the cold". Hope I'm wrong for you.

You must have ordered one day befor "the email". I guessing that puts you in with the group with me and the others that seem to be "left out in the cold". Hope I'm wrong for you.

Which email?

Which email?
Apparently a lot of people that have dji accounts got an email that referred to ordering a mavic and they would ship in something like 10 days. I've had an account for some time, but got no such email.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi