DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4 for Android updated to 4.0.1

My Go 3 app must have been post 3.0.1 when I installed it after receiving the MP - because the "follow the craft" feature never worked. Might be time to visit the waybackmachine...

And Litchi just updated to 3.10.0 today also:
  • Added support for Phantom 4 Pro
  • Added new "relative to ground" mode to set waypoint altitudes in the batch waypoint editor
  • Added "Active Collision Avoidance", "Landing Protection", "Precision Landing", "Frequency Band" settings
I've just updated both apps on both devices (Nexus 5x and Nexus 9). I was also having crash issues with 4.0.0 from DJI. I'll go out and test soon.

My Go 3 app must have been post 3.0.1 when I installed it after receiving the MP - because the "follow the craft" feature never worked. Might be time to visit the waybackmachine...

I don't know this for a fact at all, but I reckon it's tied into limitations with those horrible Here maps they started to use in the most recent Versions.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Apparently on the iOS version you can avoid the auto focusing by switching to manual mode and then pressing some AF button in the top right corner, which essentially brings you back to the old "touch to focus" mode. Can anyone try that on Android?

What version do we need to go back to so we can use goggle maps ??

Apparently on the iOS version you can avoid the auto focusing by switching to manual mode and then pressing some AF button in the top right corner, which essentially brings you back to the old "touch to focus" mode. Can anyone try that on Android?

Here is 4.0.1 on Android showing the MF/AF switch in the upper right. This control can be disabled by deselecting Settings->General->Enable MF. If enabled:

In MF you get a little slider meant to look like a camera focusing ring - this controls focus. The focus box is white and doesn't focus on touch.
Screenshot_20161222-184208s.png

In AF, the focus box is green and touch focuses (or you can toggle to set exposure by clicking the green box control).
Screenshot_20161222-184139s.png

That was just a quick look at it. Hope I got it all.

Thanks a lot!
Any chance you can test if in the AF mode it still auto focuses from time to time on its own? (Without you triggering it via touchscreen or C-Button)

To tried shooting a short video clip and it definitely did not focus at the start. Same with shooting a still. But this was just quick in doors testing.

Reactions: Diamondback
I'm in for the night. I will play with it again tomorrow. I totally forgot to give the new litchi a run. My android forces me to to clear defaults every time I want to switch apps. I hate updates >_<

Did a test flight today after the update last week. My Mavic is drifting to the right when it is up to speed....hovering is steady though. May need to do a full calibration and test again.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Thanks for the heads up, just manually updated because it didn't automatically yet. :)

Changed button from where you can come to flight records

Yeah it is good that they did that & made it obvious again. Was silly hiding it like they did in the last update.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman