DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles FINALLY HERE!!!!

Yep, don't expect anything else from DJI. Sometimes for some products they come with another language or 2 later but not before the product has been available for a while.

Reactions: Xblog
Pre-orders are now available here at Advexure, DJI estimates that first shipments will be arriving in around the second to third week in May. Pre-orders will be filled on a first come, first served basis.

Pre-Order DJI Goggles for Mavic | Advexure - DJI's Largest West Coast Dealer

Any questions regarding pre-ordering your DJI Goggles please don't hesitate to PM or reach out on our live chat.

Safe and happy immersive flying! :cool:
-The Advexure Team

If we order from your site, will we actually get them around the May 20th release? Thanks.

The best way to describe the VR experience is, regardless of the resolution, what you really see is what you would think is 640x480, or may 1024x768 very close and slightly blurry that your eyes take a while to get used to. Do not expect a crisp clear image, and think its smudges on the lenses, its not. it really isn't what I thought it was going to be, but I have never wanted to stare at the pixels on my phone so close up. It does have a certain cool factor that it is attainable for the masses to accomplish, but it still needs a long way to go.

And maybe its because my eyesight is 13/20 ( Better than 20/20 ) that I can see that S !-! I T detail so much when I use them.

The best way to describe the VR experience is, regardless of the resolution, what you really see is what you would think is 640x480, or may 1024x768 very close and slightly blurry that your eyes take a while to get used to. Do not expect a crisp clear image, and think its smudges on the lenses, its not. it really isn't what I thought it was going to be, but I have never wanted to stare at the pixels on my phone so close up. It does have a certain cool factor that it is attainable for the masses to accomplish, but it still needs a long way to go.

And maybe its because my eyesight is 13/20 ( Better than 20/20 ) that I can see that S !-! I T detail so much when I use them.
You actually have flown with the DJI Goggles? I've used HD VR goggles before, and I never saw that quality as that low. If you however use your phone as a VR, it's going to stink.

Reactions: sirrraj and Kilrah
I think I wouldn't be able to really judge how good these are without trying them in person. It's a bit like watching a review of 4K TVs on Youtube.

Based on the fact that 98% of us are flying with some sort of Tablet or Phone and desperately trying to shield away the sun using various methods these Goggles are probably going to make the other systems look like they are not even in the same league. So the first thing I think everyone will be talking about is the fantastic image.

I don't agree with the other poster that head movement makes for better gimbal control, I think its the exact opposite. Yes there are times when you want to do a quick shot that requires multi axes movement and I think the using head tracking will work better in those cases. On the other hand when I am trying to track a long straight line between point A-B I cannot keep my head totally steady for 1-2 minutes, there are going to be small movement which would not occur if I was using the RC only. So for cinematic Videography I am hoping you can turn off the head tracking.

The big questions

The range. I hope the Goggles do not lose connection faster than the remote with a tablet.

The Weight: I have never held 2 pounds on my head for any length of time, I have no idea how uncomfortable that will be after 20 minutes.

The Bucket test: When I told a friend of mine who is an avid gamer that I ordered the goggles he asked me if they come with a DJI Chum Bucket;) He said be prepared to get sick and get sick often:( This has me a bit worried because even the guy doing the video review admitted he was feeling ill. I may be too old for this kind of tech :oops:

I have a lot of confidence that DJI has made a great pair of goggles. Their EE dept is first rate and QC on the first batch is usually top notch.

Rob

Reactions: Spanish Flyer
Question: if I need reading glasses to read my phone at 8" from my face, how will I see clearly when using dji goggles 1" from my face?

When I put my phone 1" from my face, I can't see a thing ( even with my glasses on)

I'm assuming there's some type of focus-ability built in??

Reactions: Fletcher500
Question: if I need reading glasses to read my phone at 8" from my face, how will I see clearly when using dji goggles 1" from my face?

When I put my phone 1" from my face, I can't see a thing ( even with my glasses on)

I'm assuming there's some type of focus-ability built in??
VR goggles, usually have a sense that allows the eyes to focus onto the screen naturally.

Reactions: Slantnose79
The Weight: I have never held 2 pounds on my head for any length of time, I have no idea how uncomfortable that will be after 20 minutes.
A motorcycle helmet is heavier than that. If it's well balanced as it seems from the first impressions posted it should be OK.

When I told a friend of mine who is an avid gamer that I ordered the goggles he asked me if they come with a DJI Chum Bucket;) He said be prepared to get sick and get sick often:(
I don't think so. It's not full blown VR, that can cause sickness but for whole other reasons, it feels so close to reality that when it fails to do so it throws you completely off. Here you'll just be looking at a screen, it's rarely been a problem among FPV flyers. Need to see if FOV isn't too big though. Early previews form people who know about usual FPV gear say it's ok again.

You're looking through lenses that place the virtual screen several feet away.

Hmmmm, think I'll wait till the price of the Epsom BT 300's comes down or DJI makes something that doesn't make you look like you're wearing a small building on your head.
Agreed!! These goggles look hideous, maybe it's just me but ya gonna look like a right turkey with these things strapped on your head lol. A lot of money considering it's supposed to be the equivalent of watching a 16 inch tv 3 metres away. I just fly VR total cost 30 pounds, although I do have Carl Zeiss cinemizers which were over 500 pounds and a huge letdown.

Reactions: Soundtekk
Agreed!! These goggles look hideous, maybe it's just me but ya gonna look like a right turkey with these things strapped on your head lol. A lot of money considering it's supposed to be the equivalent of watching a 16 inch tv 3 metres away. I just fly VR total cost 30 pounds, although I do have Carl Zeiss cinemizers which were over 500 pounds and a huge letdown.

16" TV at 10ft away! Are you sure of that? It Seems impossible I can hardy make out any detail at that distance from a tv so small.

Rob

Who gives a **** about the look when that allows you to get the experience? Funny how many people seem to care about that. Least of my worries.

216 inches 3m away, not 16 inches 3ft away... That's a LOT bigger than your cinemizers, 85° field of view vs about 35°.

Reactions: captainserial
I used to fly FPV Quad racing, so this goggles are a very good idea. Just remember, at first you might get ill. You have to get used to the feeling. The best way is to sit down, get yourself a comfortable foldable chair, and start going slow. As you get more comfortable, you can start to stand up. I always felt more at ease with sitting down. Had way more control and was so much fun.

Reactions: skypros and Rbruz
So one can't ride a bike for more than 20 minutes? The average weight of a motorcycle helmet is 1.6kg, and that's before weighing air pressure in.

What's a problem is imbalance, but previews I've seen mentioned they got that right and that's why the band is heavy with the battery in the back.

VR goggles, usually have a sense that allows the eyes to focus onto the screen naturally.

A lot of us on here are 50's or older and need to wear glasses. As the other person posted, if I put something that close to my eyes, it would be blurry. Can you elaborate more on this? How can the goggles compensate for vision correction?

So one can't ride a bike for more than 20 minutes? The average weight of a motorcycle helmet is 1.6kg, and that's before weighing air pressure in.

What's a problem is imbalance, but previews I've seen mentioned they got that right and that's why the band is heavy with the battery in the back.

It is true that a bike helmet, that has more or less the same weight, can be used often for hours, but the difference is that the bike helmet weight is concentrated in the middle of the head so is much better distributed compared to the goggles whitch weight looks concentrated mostly in the front.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Distantdoc