DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles FINALLY HERE!!!!

Errr...

Goggles: 495 g
Headband: 500 g

I don't care how "comfortable" they are...Surely almost 1 full kilogram will be an issue, even if for only 25 minutes, no?

MK

"A unique solid headband design balances and spreads the weight of DJI Goggles around the head evenly, minimizing pressure on the face and keeping themcomfortable to wear for hours."

Reactions: Rbruz
I did read the 2nd sentence, but it makes no sense. The band can be heavy but you still have a big piece of weight hanging in front of your face and it's not the band that it's holding it but your neck.

Reactions: Budmancan
I did read the 2nd sentence, but it makes no sense. The band can be heavy but you still have a big piece of weight hanging in front of your face and it's not the band that it's holding it but your neck.

Did you read DJI's site or watch their video? All of these issues have been addressed by them.

Did you read DJI's site or watch their video? All of these issues have been addressed by them.

It's simple physics, not a great issue thought but of course i would not expect nothing different from Dji than minimizing the weight.

Errr...

Goggles: 495 g
Headband: 500 g

I don't care how "comfortable" they are...Surely almost 1 full kilogram will be an issue, even if for only 25 minutes, no?

MK
Pfff. I've carried heavier on my head. :p When I move around moving boxes, I tend to stick the large ones on my head. They weigh roughly 20kg. Not saying I'm using only my head to hold it up, but still...

I've watched this plus others.

Anyway my current goggles are 400gr in front and 0 in the back to compensate, and I've never even thought about it. Crazy the fuss people make about things when they have no idea.

Reactions: Rbruz and Clinton1
Wonder who and where the "crazy fuss" came from; i just said in a post that the comparaison with a bike helmet doesn't fit. That's it.

A lot of us on here are 50's or older and need to wear glasses. As the other person posted, if I put something that close to my eyes, it would be blurry. Can you elaborate more on this? How can the goggles compensate for vision correction?

They fit over glasses .

A lot of us on here are 50's or older and need to wear glasses. As the other person posted, if I put something that close to my eyes, it would be blurry. Can you elaborate more on this? How can the goggles compensate for vision correction?
To answer your questions, and going off of my experience using a full VR system in a room, I can say I need my glasses to even see. There's some sort of lens in there that makes it appear further away than it is. As such your eyes will adjust to said focus and distance and it's like your staring into a large room with a theater sized TV. When you then focus on the monitor, it essentially becomes your eyesight. You will eventually forget the goggles are on your head. In my case this was me playing a VR game which was absolutely real to play in for me. That was until I stepped on the cord and unplugged the headset, and I totally got disoriented, and fell to the ground.

Reactions: Slantnose79
Pfff. I've carried heavier on my head. :p When I move around moving boxes, I tend to stick the large ones on my head. They weigh roughly 20kg. Not saying I'm using only my head to hold it up, but still...

To be fair if you have ever been selected to review a product before it is even released you know it's hard to outright bash any part of it. The viewers have to look for the subtle remarks. The guy did mention the size, he said they were straining his neck and he felt dizzy after using them. I hope the dizzy problem passes with a few uses. The weight issue should also pass. In my RC days my neck was in agony the first few times flying, because I was looking up for hours.

Cyberpower has recommended a rigid exercise routine for future goggle owners. So under his guidance I am now carrying a basket of fruit on my head 12 hours per day:D:):D:D

Rob

Last edited:
To be fair if you have ever been selected to review a product before it is even released you know it's hard to outright bash any part of it. The viewers have to look for the subtle remarks. The guy did mention the size, he said they were straining his neck and he felt dizzy after using them. I hope the dizzy problem passes with a few uses. The weight issue should also pass. In my RC days my neck was in agony the first few times flying, because I was looking up for hours.

Cyberpower has recommended a rigid exercise routine for future goggle owners. So under his guidance I am now carrying a basket of fruit on my head 12 hours per day:D:):D:D

Rob

And when you workout like that don't forget several 12 OZ or 16 OZ curls... Hopefully ice cold.... Below is a workout session with the Mavic...

DSC_0002.JPG DSC_0006.JPG

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13