DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware v01.03.0400

Did another flight today - no crashes or problems at all. Worked great. I'll try and do a long distance test soon in a place I've flown before with a Mavic.

On update attempt 26 (i'm serious) fails at 90% on the app and 55% on the assistant 2

Did you try a different cable? Mine failed twice via app, I switched to short cable that came with the Mavic and then it updated fine.

In the new FW .4000 according to the release notes:
1. What is "interval mode"?
2. In what way is the "video transmission optimised"?
a) Is the video down link rate (Mbps) dynamically reduced when SNR drops or Attenuation increases(meaning if the signal degrades will the FW reduce its quality bandwidth to maintain long range?
b) or does the opposite happen meaning when signal degrades below a threshold level then you get loss of signal warning earlier than before the new FW and so reduction in video transmission?

Last edited:
That AF mode was present in the previous update.

Yes that explains why the OP deleted his post (another forum).....

Sorry disregard,

Nothing to see here.....move along, lol

And me a brand spankin new MP owner, this was news

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did you try a different cable? Mine failed twice via app, I switched to short cable that came with the Mavic and then it updated fine.

Swapped out both cables (short for RC and new for Mavic) trying now

Thanks!

Just failed twice that way too. It now goes to 69%...stays for a few and next goes directly to 90% and fails.

Just failed twice that way too. It now goes to 69%...stays for a few and next goes directly to 90% and fails.

Try with Assistant 2, with DJI supplied cable, but first I'd uninstall DJI Assistant, and re-install it. Did you try doing the update with MP powered and linked to remote and attached USB to remote to computer? like here:

You can also try this: If you go on the first splash screen on DJI GO4 where it has a picture of the mavic, in the top right corner there's three small lines, if you click it shows options for flight record, academy and store, instead of clicking, hold it down for like 5-10 seconds, when you release it will show firmware, select to download, then try installing it that way.

You could also try downgrading firmware via Assistant 2 and then try again.

All else fails, try sacrificing a chicken, on a full moon, while doing a compass calibration...

I hope you get it sorted, but you may need to call DJI support.

Last edited:
Did my DJI GO PRO update starting with the drone and then the RC; as I mentioned before had slight problems since my drone battery was only about 40% charged. Once charged it updated without any more problems. I am now using a different phone (Huawei Ascent Mate 7), because my Galaxy Note III had too many programs that could obstruct the DJI Pro... in many ways and as I mentioned earlier the Huawei had all programs removed except for the DJI ones .
I finally flew the MV for 3 flights and everything went almost fine with regards to the drone, latest software and other adjustments were finally updated. The Mavic performs fine and I aproached the machine as it landed without any problems whatsoever.

My only big 1st fright was when having the drone far away, meaning I couldn't see it with my eyes, the screen on the Huawei phone turned black and I had no way of knowing where my bird was or even in which direction it was pointing... I tried to bring the phone back to life, but it just didn't work. I ran towards the last area where I thought the MV was and slowly lowered it till I started hearing the propellers and finally landed it on the road I was on. Checking the Huawei, I found it had a sleep mode after a few inactive minutes and gathered that was why the screen just turned black; searching through the adjustments, found a setting for the sleep mode and turned it to "NEVER"...

The new update seems to work just fine though I have only flown for short fights and still have to try it more deeply...

Spanish Flyer

Sorry for stupid question, but do you have to update each battery with this update? I did the update, and then put in each of my other 3 batteries, and it never prompted me for an update.

Sorry for stupid question, but do you have to update each battery with this update? I did the update, and then put in each of my other 3 batteries, and it never prompted me for an update.

Its only a stupid question because you haven't done any reading in this thread. If so you would have noticed others already asked this and it was answered. There is no battery update contained in this recent update. So nothing for your batteries.

Reactions: royalhghnss
I updated yesterday (via iPhone and DGI GO 4 app) and had 3 solid flights today. No issues.
Download was taking ages so I turned off mavic and just left RC connected... download sped up at least 100x then reconnected mavic to update... took ~15 minutes. No further battery updates required.
Hopefully this helps someone!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

My only big 1st fright was when having the drone far away, meaning I couldn't see it with my eyes, the screen on the Huawei phone turned black and I had no way of knowing where my bird was or even in which direction it was pointing... I tried to bring the phone back to life, but it just didn't work. I ran towards the last area where I thought the MV was and slowly lowered it till I started hearing the propellers and finally landed it on the road I was on. Checking the Huawei, I found it had a sleep mode after a few inactive minutes and gathered that was why the screen just turned black; searching through the adjustments, found a setting for the sleep mode and turned it to "NEVER"...
A little off topic - but why did you not just press the RTH button on the remote?

That AF mode was present in the previous update.

I wasn't aware of this new AFC mode. SO would you want it on or off generally? I can imagine that if it tries to regularly hunt for focus, it could disrupt your videos? On the other hand, your videos could end up out of focus entirely...

Did it fix the constant app crashes on Android while flying?

Thats why I sont use android, the environment is a mess so many versions out there so many different os so many different hardware.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MJHind