DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware v01.03.0400

Try with Assistant 2, with DJI supplied cable, but first I'd uninstall DJI Assistant, and re-install it. Did you try doing the update with MP powered and linked to remote and attached USB to remote to computer? like here:

You can also try this: If you go on the first splash screen on DJI GO4 where it has a picture of the mavic, in the top right corner there's three small lines, if you click it shows options for flight record, academy and store, instead of clicking, hold it down for like 5-10 seconds, when you release it will show firmware, select to download, then try installing it that way.

You could also try downgrading firmware via Assistant 2 and then try again.

All else fails, try sacrificing a chicken, on a full moon, while doing a compass calibration...

I hope you get it sorted, but you may need to call DJI support.

Really appreciate the help here. So far, no go - but I'm pulling out all stops.

I plugged in each device individually to a pc (assistant 2) next I downgraded and refreshed to 1.3.000

Then a new battery, and onto an Ipad Pro - reinstalled that app, connected the RC to the IPAD and connected to the mavic (so they are both fully fresh on the 1.3.000) Now I am starting the update to 1.3.4 again.

WISH ME LUCK. Next I'm going to find a chicken.

I am using RC to communicate, does it matter?

I would just make sure that the RC and Mavic are still linked (bound), shows connected right?

Theres a log thats created that can be pulled and examined showing the update results.

I would just make sure that the RC and Mavic are still linked (bound), shows connected right?

Theres a log thats created that can be pulled and examined showing the update results.

How do I extract that log? I'm stuck at 69%, which means I am going to fail soon. I'd like to see what it says.

I've never had to look at it myself, I'll have to do some research, but some of it is kind of cryptic, like error codes that wont mean much, but I know there are some people out there that will know how to read it, I'll PM you some info.

I've never had to look at it myself, I'll have to do some research, but some of it is kind of cryptic, like error codes that wont mean much, but I know there are some people out there that will know how to read it, I'll PM you some info.

I really do appreciate the assistance. Through this at least I know how to downgrade and make certain everything matches. So there is that :)

But there is some sort of wall that blocks me from going above 1.3.00, 1.3.4 doesn't work nor does 1.3.2 very frustrating.

You might be better off stay where you're at. The newer versions are filled with discounts one right after another. What log are you trying to locate?

I was able to find the log. I was referring to the one that tells me why it fails over and over.

At this point, I have no choice but to stay with 1.3.0. It simply will not upload. I counted the fails in the log, and it is 52. I've tried to update over 50 times, using multiple machines, ipads, iphones, PC, macbook pro, imac, cords, batteries, versions.

I've used go live, re-installed, i've done it at home, in a car, in a field

I've used assistant, I've done each individually.

I've tried different SD cards, I've formatted them on a computer, on a mac, on the app. I've done refresh firmware,

notta. ha ha

You might be better off stay where you're at. The newer versions are filled with discounts one right after another. What log are you trying to locate?

I really hate to sound pessimistic but I get a bad feeling about DJI need to keep control of things. I think that DJI is holding the golden keys. If they come out with a new DJI GO4 that only works with newer firmware he is bricked unless the phone/tablet never gets near the internet. I think they can just push a few lines of code and your out of luck. I also wonder if they have incorporate some kind of time or flight number counter that forces the operator to go online at some point in time.

I really hate to sound pessimistic but I get a bad feeling about DJI need to keep control of things. I think that DJI is holding the golden keys. If they come out with a new DJI GO4 that only works with newer firmware he is bricked unless the phone/tablet never gets near the internet. I think they can just push a few lines of code and your out of luck. I also wonder if they have incorporate some kind of time or flight number counter that forces the operator to go online at some point in time.

totally agree.... pick a firmware you like and put you dedicated device on airplane mode never to return to the internet.... been there for 2 years now;)

Finally weekend and got the chance to try the new firmware. So far all good. I just noticed that signal bars now drop much more quicker in relation to the distance. I also noticed that front obstacle avoidance sensors are more easily triggered by sun (falsely of course )

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

A little off topic - but why did you not just press the RTH button on the remote?

I just don't trust the return home for several reasons, one of them being that I had adjusted the return home hight to 30 m due to the many tall trees I have around me and my battery was already down to 35%; the other reason the place I took-off from at my house front side, where all sorts of power, phone and other cables surround the area, making it almost nuts to try and allow the MV to return home by itself. With the phone screen you have the option of cancelling the return home once you see the bird, but don't know if the remote by itself allows you to cancel the RTH...
BR,
Spanish Flyer

Yes. Just press the pause button. :)
It pauses everything

Hey, I just had my first two flights with the new fw and all seems good!

However i cant connect with my ipad anymore? With .200 fw and Go app from January it worked? Tried 2 lightning cables. Go app says disconnected.. What have I forgot?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

I reported problems with unsteady flight after the update but a simple IMU and compass calibration after update sorted it out a treat and no its back to being rock solid with zero drifting

Reactions: pitchmagic
After the firmware update
I couldn't find the gimbal wheel speed settings anywhere.
Anyone know ?

Edit :
it default to use the left wheel to do the gimbal tilt taking the settings from the gimbal control.
if you use the 5D button (customised to do the gimbal tilt), it is a fast tilt.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Last edited:
After getting my mavic I was going through the settings to make some changes for video. One of them was slow down the yaw speed to help with jerky movement. The video I watched the settings were .25 for all. He recommended slowing yaw to point .20. But upon getting to settings I found them all to be .20 out of the box. Seemed dji has backed down the settings from factory. Or is it done with the new update? Anybody else noticed this with their setting since updating?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman