DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware v01.03.0400

Hi. Thanks for replying. I haven't had that landing mode issue you described and have used full stick down many times I'm sure. The ground clearance indicator is also good. Strange.
I've done 62 flights with just short of 10hrs in the air (133km in total) and never had an issue (gimbal went a bit screw/jumpy with the one update but got fixed quickly)
I'll contact dji anyway to ask but will be hesitant to send it back because it's been so good.
Let's see if anyone else has this "ultrasonic module error" after this update. Thanks again

I also get this error.

Nice of DJI to implement a check for something like this 4 months down the line. What an absolute joke.

I can guarantee I'll send my drone in for repair and have one returned with either uneven focus or hotspot in the middle. My current Mavic has neither of these. It seems these days you just trade in one problem for another. :mad:

hello
You'll find a nice tuto on Mavic Pro support page DJI.com, then Support, Mavic, Mavic Pro, then Tutorials at the end of the page. Everty single step is described :)
Hope it helps - better than long description

So I just finished the update, and flew my mavic. I actually got worse signal than before..... I need to test it again tomorrow, but has anyone experienced this? I get weak signal message around 2500ft away from me, which never happened before. I fly from my back yard, and the route is always the same when I test my mavic. So I am getting worse signal.....

Reactions: boxsterfahrer
So I just finished the update, and flew my mavic. I actually got worse signal than before..... I need to test it again tomorrow, but has anyone experienced this? I get weak signal message around 2500ft away from me, which never happened before. I fly from my back yard, and the route is always the same when I test my mavic. So I am getting worse signal.....

2500 feet? less than half a mile?

that is NOT normal

Even in my crowded urban area I got 5000+ feet before beginning lose RC signal.

Yes, I'm having the same issue. Granted, I've only had 2 flights before today's, and never had that warning until I updated.

Reactions: beven32
Update to my firmware update from this morning.

I finally had the chance to fly since updating firmware. I actually had a warning to calibrate my vision sensors. Since it was in my backyard and I only planned to fly no more than 20ft high and 20ft from Home position, I proceeded to fly. It was not as stable with sensors on or off, but still flyable/manageable...and flew one full battery.

I later went in and calibrated vision sensors and flew again. This time it was noticeably more stable...and I flew another full battery without any issues.

it a good think about the ultrasonic sensors. I got a hard landing once when landing on a golf club "green" it looks that the ultrasonic sensors and the cameras could properly measure the distance from the craft to the ground.

A golf green, depending on its texture, might absorb a lot of the ultrasonic energy making it a difficult place to measure. Likewise there's no distinctive patterns for the cameras to track. I'll test this as soon as ... ah crap, 20 cm of snow yesterday and another 10 coming tonight... really snowy this Jan/Feb.

2500 feet? less than half a mile?

that is NOT normal

Even in my crowded urban area I got 5000+ feet before beginning lose RC signal.
So what can I do to solve this issue? is there any way to test or boost my signal range? Maybe something is not right with either my RC or Mavic

Yes, I'm having the same issue. Granted, I've only had 2 flights before today's, and never had that warning until I updated.
Weird....the update supposed to make the signal better.... any other members have this issue?

Weird....the update supposed to make the signal better.... any other members have this issue?

I didn't see that there was an improvement for the RC in the release notes for the firmware. It does state,
"Optimized the video transmission by reducing the transmission signal loss ratio". I didn't run into issues of video loss. Despite the warning, there was no noticeable loss.

Took the Mavic to Work and did the update from there. Using the tools at work I was able to see a few interesting things like the 21 files that are sent to Mavic. I guess they update every core with a different file.

One other thing, I updated the Mavic only then tried it with the remote which was not updated.
I did not get any messages to update the remote. It worked fine! I started the motors without props and still no update messages. I checked the firmware versions using the Go4 app and the Mavic was .04 and the controller .02
I went ahead and updated the controller as a precaution and all went very smoothly. I suggest you guys use DJI assistant2. I did the Mavic in about 10 Minutes total. Even flashed the old firmware for analytic testing and then went to the new one without a problem. Very smooth operation by DJI.

Took the Mavic to Work and did the update from there. Using the tools at work I was able to see a few interesting things like the 21 files that are sent to Mavic. I guess they update every core with a different file.

One other thing, I updated the Mavic only then tried it with the remote which was not updated.
I did not get any messages to update the remote. It worked fine! I started the motors without props and still no update messages. I checked the firmware versions using the Go4 app and the Mavic was .04 and the controller .02
I went ahead and updated the controller as a precaution and all went very smoothly. I suggest you guys use DJI assistant2. I did the Mavic in about 10 Minutes total. Even flashed the old firmware for analytic testing and then went to the new one without a problem. Very smooth operation by DJI.
I downgraded to the previous firmware via DJI Assistant and reinstalled the new firmware the same way. I'll give it a go tomorrow.

I downgraded to the previous firmware via DJI Assistant and reinstalled the new firmware the same way. I'll give it a go tomorrow.

Where can i find this in the app store?

Is this the same as DJI Ronin Assistant

Hello all ! FINALLY SOLVED
Well just solved this issue. Exact same error, error 0x0.... stopping at 55%. To solve it i ... came home and forgot the USB cable at office. So basically i had to take another one. The one i was using were premium ones. Gold platted, insulated etc...
And finally had to go back to a stupid standard low level USB cable. Used it with DJI Assistant 2 on a mac, worked like a charm : get over 55%, 60% etc... hang at 83% or 85% for long long long minutes ;) then 99%, reboot, 100% done !
I've done it dozen of times before, and never worked so i assumed that the usb cable. Don't loose hope, it will work. I've spent 12 hours on this. 7 batteries. I went back to 0200 Firmware, then did everything. Finally got it working. One by one, Drone first, then Remote, each time the other one switched off.
Hope it helps let me know
Arno

^ This. I build my own racing quads and I can't tell you how many times I've had issues due to dodgy USB cables when trying to talk to my flight controllers.

Currently updating... Hanging at 83% and the fan has stopping running... Yellow light blinking on the mavic... Yellow blinking turned to green blinking and the fan restarted. Moving though 89% now... Yeww

Reactions: peros550
I
Currently updating... Hanging at 83% and the fan has stopping running... Yellow light blinking on the mavic... Yellow blinking turned to green blinking and the fan restarted. Moving though 89% now... Yeww

Hey thanks for your help. In my case it hanged at 86%, stopped the fan and did nothing for some time. If I hadn't read your message I would have restarted the craft and ruin the upgrade. I just shut and kept waiting and after 5-10 mins of doing nothing it restarted and completed the upgrade. I used the DJ Assistant 2 on a Mac. As soon as I have the chance to fly I will report back.

Reactions: Adam
Updated mine last night. Seemed to update ok but when I rebooted everything received a whole page of red and yellow warnings - "sensor not found" etc etc etc.
I didn't have the strength to investigate so just switched it off. Will probably try again over the weekend. Was working fine before!

I unfortunately am stuck in the same loop I've been in since getting the Mavic. I have never had a firmware take. The RC will, but the mavic just fails each and every time. I had restored factory defaults, I've tried with the app, I'm now using the assistant. Literally just failed again while I was typing this message. There goes attempt 3. What am I doing wrong?
Sure you checked, but I had basically the same problem till I noticed that the battery had to be at least 50% charged; two failures, charged the batt. to 84% and it went as smooth as ever.
BR,
Spanish Flyer

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_