DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FW Update .800 Things to know from testing

You're still not understanding what I'm trying to say so let's explain in segments. Your app is considered logged in when you initially typed in your username and password when the app was setup. Signing on requires an internet connection. Once signed on, the app can function without an Internet connection since it already validated your user information as valid, so in short you can fly without internet and you can continue flying even if you shut the app down or it crashes mid-flight. There is nothing in this update to really worry about. Your drone will not be lost on an app crash. If your app doesn't show your user account in the Me section, then find a hotspot and login. That's all you need to do.

Yes, it appears that everyone is misunderstanding this (although I am still on .400 so I am not a tester). It seems like the idea behind this is simply to stop people from flying 700 meters away without the ability to see FPV on their phone or tablet. I also think people are confusing logging out of the app with closing down the app. These are two different things.

It's fairly simple.
Without an App to drive the Mavic you are restricted, bit like running a computer with no programme.
The App, any approved App, is the extra bit of programme allowing full running of Mavic.
Your App does not log out on closing down the App unless you physically log yourself out.
You only need to be logged in initially after the update.
When you do have internet connection just make sure you are still logged in.
So if you go out somewhere with no cell/internet as long as the App is connected to RC you will have full functionality of the Mavic.

Yes, it appears that everyone is misunderstanding this (although I am still on .400 so I am not a tester). It seems like the idea behind this is simply to stop people from flying 700 meters away without the ability to see FPV on their phone or tablet. I also think people are confusing logging out of the app with closing down the app. These are two different things.

OK so I log into my bank account. I am in. I close whatever thing I used to log in. I am logged out. So I log in once to DJI, and I am logged in forever unless I choose purposely to log out?

Sorry for the confusion. Perhaps instead of Logged In we could use the a better description of the actual connection that supposedly exists.

Let me try this. I have DJI Go 4 on my tablet. I log in to DJI and somehow on the machine that is going to run DJI Go 4 repeatedly gets the equivalent of a cookie or some other stored piece of information which identifies me as a registered user. Or does the Mavic get that bit of approval. Either way DJI will not be able to ping or in any other way determine if I am approved. Too doggone confusing. We will have to have a ven diagram just to see if we are ready to fly or not. Cuz if I drive halfway to nowhere I will be a very unhappy camper if I cannot fly until I drive all the way to some sort of service. And that is halfway to somewhere else.

7 and 700 just plain work. That is my configuration and I am sticking to it. My nomadic lifestyle is not always internet friendly.

Reactions: cowboytim3
You remain logged in even when you close the App.
It's nothing like a bank account which automatically logs you out each.
Some of the answers are almost as confusing as the questions in this thread :eek:... You do NOT remain logged in when you close the app. You are automatically logged in each time you open the app. But, when the app is closed, you are not logged in to DJI. For those of you who are just plain confused about this. Do whatever updates (or not) and go outside for a quick test flight. You will discover that you do not have to be connected to the Internet once the restrictions have been lifted.

Agree but it's a matter of semantics really.
End result is that as long as you havent logged out or signed out of the App it remains as is and you do not require Internet connection.
Trying to explain it seems harder than just going out and flying.

Reactions: Qoncussion
OK so I log into my bank account. I am in. I close whatever thing I used to log in. I am logged out. So I log in once to DJI, and I am logged in forever unless I choose purposely to log out?

Sorry for the confusion. Perhaps instead of Logged In we could use the a better description of the actual connection that supposedly exists.

Let me try this. I have DJI Go 4 on my tablet. I log in to DJI and somehow on the machine that is going to run DJI Go 4 repeatedly gets the equivalent of a cookie or some other stored piece of information which identifies me as a registered user. Or does the Mavic get that bit of approval. Either way DJI will not be able to ping or in any other way determine if I am approved. Too doggone confusing. We will have to have a ven diagram just to see if we are ready to fly or not. Cuz if I drive halfway to nowhere I will be a very unhappy camper if I cannot fly until I drive all the way to some sort of service. And that is halfway to somewhere else.
Yes, you are still logged in. There isn't anything better to describe it with. Logged in is logged in. Banks forcefully log users out for security. Phones are personal and typically used by one person, so apps tend to keep people logged in.

Reactions: Michael Ainsworth
Some of the answers are almost as confusing as the questions in this thread :eek:... You do NOT remain logged in when you close the app. You are automatically logged in each time you open the app. But, when the app is closed, you are not logged in to DJI. For those of you who are just plain confused about this. Do whatever updates (or not) and go outside for a quick test flight. You will discover that you do not have to be connected to the Internet once the restrictions have been lifted.
Technically you are. It saves your session data to keep the session persistent. On DJI's side it may not see you as logged in, but the app still does.

Reactions: jcp411
Hi guys, I thought I would start a thread to help clarify some important concerns that have arisen based on the release notes. I upgraded everything and did some field tests, so hopefully this thread alleviates some concerns.

First what is being upgraded?
  • The battery (I think)
  • The Mavic
  • The RC
  • The goggles
How to upgrade:
It's easiest to just use the DJI Go 4 app. To upgrade all of your gadgets at once, turn on the goggles, Mavic, RC and connect your Go 4 app to the RC and start the upgrade. Make sure is everything charged fully, the upgrade takes a while to reach all devices. You can upgrade each device individually with DJI Assistant however.

So what how do these new safety restrictions work?
As you're well aware of, if the DJI Go 4 app isn't connected the drone will not fly very far. Those restrictions are immediately lifted as soon as the DJI Go 4 app is activated and connected, and is logged on. If you are not logged on, you need an internet connection to log on and lift the restrictions. Once lifted, they do not return until the aircraft is rebooted. So if the app disconnects, the drone will continue to function normally.

You can lift the restrictions on the craft without an internet connection if the DJI Go app is already logged on to your account. I imagine any app using the DJI SDK will work as well to lift these restrictions.

What about the NFZ update?
Once updated, the app will ask you to update the NFZ DB. It seems to actually fix some NFZ issues people have come across in the .600 and .700 FWs.

If anyone has any questions, please ask.
I did the update before trying to fly. Even though I have a release code for the NFZ that I am in, after the update, I could not fly. The in NFZ readout would not go away. I am using my android S5 phone. Any suggestions?

I did the update before trying to fly. Even though I have a release code for the NFZ that I am in, after the update, I could not fly. The in NFZ readout would not go away. I am using my android S5 phone. Any suggestions?
DJI may need to give you a new code with the new DB. You should contact them.

Updated today, no problems with 4 batteries. Only thing different I noticed was the place I fly in used to say Class D but that did not show up this time.

Agree but it's a matter of semantics really.
End result is that as long as you havent logged out or signed out of the App it remains as is and you do not require Internet connection.
Trying to explain it seems harder than just going out and flying.
I'm with Michael. This is one of those cases where going into the fine detail of how it works muddies the waters, not clarifies them.

Put simply: Log in once in the app and do not log out. Period.

Everything will work as it used to (except maybe NFZ stuff, depending on where you are), across Mavic, RC, and display device power cycles. You can forget about it and fly with bliss.

ONLY if you deliberately log out in the app will you be prompted to log in again to use the Mavic without limitations.

Reactions: Nikon1
Just updated everything including 4 batteries.
Not yet taken for a flight due to weather bad.
My settings needed to be redone.
Bench testing everything appears to work, keep getting a prompt to update NFZ data base will do that.
Took 25 minutes to upgrade RC and Mavic plus batteries.
Just did it all through Go 4 app and Wi Fi .
I have never had to use the DJI assistant .
So far have not had to sign in again as everything stays signed in.

Reactions: Nikon1
I thought you meant the gimbal tilting after yawing. If it's a constant tilt, that will never be fixed, and that is precisely what the gimbal roll adjustment is for.
That's the problem. It was fixed. It is lined up perfectly without adjustment on .400. Later firmwares broke it. My .400 requires no tilt when I had to tilt it on 500, 550, 600, and 700. Not going to bother with .800 as it is a pain to get back to .400 now.

Reactions: digdat0
That's the problem. It was fixed. It is lined up perfectly without adjustment on .400. Later firmwares broke it. My .400 requires no tilt when I had to tilt it on 500, 550, 600, and 700. Not going to bother with .800 as it is a pain to get back to .400 now.

I noticed that I had to set my tilt to 0 to level it. So it could be fixed now.

Awesome. Try some sideways flight for an extended time and see if the gimbal moves.

Reactions: 2k.mikek
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones